diy waterski's

lark2004

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 12, 2004
Messages
1,080
Has anyone here ever made their own waterski's?
 

Straightup

Petty Officer 1st Class
Joined
Apr 5, 2005
Messages
317
Re: diy waterski's

I'm sure it can be done. I made a pair of trick skis once, but they didn't work too good. I had them to short and fat. They also had no curve. Are you thinking wood and bending the tips, or more technical - laying up your own glass ones?<br /><br />Jeff<br /><br />Checked on ehow.com. They didn't have anything in the huge waterskiing section on their outdoor recreation page, but maybe there would be something on a woodworking site?
 

Chris1956

Honorary Supreme Mariner
Joined
Mar 25, 2004
Messages
29,241
Re: diy waterski's

Lark, You can either steam and bend wood or make them using a laminated wood core and fiberglass.<br /><br />Of course, when we were kids we would get up on a salom ski and a canoe paddle. Then we would drop the ski. When we got older, we would get up on a salom ski, and then drop it.
 
Top