divining rods

crab bait

Captain
Re: divining rods

LINK,, i'm glad your gonna try..<br />lettuce no how you do..!!<br /><br />( on the down-low,, i heard if'n you break off two antennas off a B M W & a benz.. bend 'um into an 'L'shape an hold 'um over the bow.. you find them german browns..)<br /><br />GOOD LUCK..!!

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

I had a guy walk all over my 3 acres looking for a spot to drill my well holding two wires. After an hour or so of his tom-foolery, I told him to drill in the front yard off the the side so the well head won't be in the way of the drivway.<br /><br />He hit water at 50ft, then a gusher at 100. Total depth is 180 ft. Water shot up 5 to 6 feet from the well for 15 minutes.<br /><br />What the morons didn't realize is its near impossable to drill a hole around here and NOT hit water. So much for their divining talents. I would have been more impressed it they were able to pick a spot and tell me that there was NO water then drill to prove it.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

There are theories of how this werks, but none have been prooven. Howevewr, there have been countless experiments that have prooven it werks under certain parameters. these are;<br />(1) The rods must be "tuned" to the user.<br />(2) The user must be trained in thier usage. There IS a right way and a wrong way. They can't be too close, too far appart, held at a wrong angle, too tightly, or wrists held to influnence the rods.<br />(3) There can be no winds, or stiff breeze. <br />(4) Welding rods are ideal length for the average user, but do not werk for all. Copper does werk better,in that you can adjust the length (tune them) better...Also ,see "my theories" below. They must be bent into an ell, (90degrees), and as straight as possible. 5" on the end held in hands. The other length is whatever werks best for the user, between 15" and 24" long. The rod's diameter is only critical in that the tuned length will change slightly. <br /><br />(5)Walking should be slow enough and smooth enough to allow the rod tips to be moving slightly, but not all over the place (why it cannot be done in wind).<br />(6) Overhead utilities will sometimes (not allways) interere with the ability, as will buildings or vehicles close-by.<br />I've personally taught a few people how to use them, but do not have as consistant a capability as some do...It truely does matter who you are.<br /><br />My Theories"; <br />Nobody has been able to explain why they werk, or why they werk for some, and not others. Nobody has provven the dynamics of why the process werks, but it has been prooven time-after-time, that it does werk. My theories are that individual body chemistry, diet, hieght/wieght ratio, even CLOTHING worn, can influience the rods.<br />I think it has something to do with static electricty, and maybee magnetic anomolies. This is because anomolies are what the rods "devine", not the actual material.<br />I don't know. I don't know who does. But I hereby swear they are effective in the right hands.

one more cast

Captain

I had three different people witch my yard at three different times and all three hit the exact same spots.one of the spots was an old water line that I knew was there. I dug my well at at the strongest spot and hit a very strong vein at about 13 feet deep. However I do not think it works accurately at great depths.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

The old man that witched for water in our corn fields used a willow branch. He rode in the back of a pickup sitting on a bucket. This was because age made it hard for him to walk. He flagged spots he found water, then we dug test wells. All flagged spots were good for water, ranging in depth from 20 to 75 feet.<br />When I do this for water lines underground it is not really an exact science. I just put close to a 45 bend in a welding rod or #9 wire. It really doesn't mater for me where I hold them as long as they are beside each other. A sing,le rod will react too, but it is hard to see what direction the line is running, and hard to determine if it is a reaction or my hands moving.<br /><br />The only reason for the bend in the rod is so when you make loose fist with your hands you can simply set the wires in your hands. The bend allows them to sit without having to "hold" them. This way they swing free.

alderman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have seen this work and I have even used it myself a number of times working. Several years ago a company I worked for had a contract to right easements for the existing williams brothers pipe line from the missouri river to the Iowa state line. We had at that time every electronic device made for locating uderground pipes, " M-scopes" and every other thing available. They all worked fairley well, but on occasion we could not find pipes. When this happend we would call williams brothers and they would send the same guy out every time. He used just two common every day survey flags with the flagging removed and bent with a 90 degree angle. He would walk across the line and the wires moved, after he had them pin pointed we would probe and hit the pipes every time. This worked anywhere from 3 feet deep to one time 30 feet deep. (results verified with back hoe) I have since done it a number of times to recover water and gas lines and it has allways worked. Don't know why I suspect it has to do with magnetic fields but only a guess on part.<br />Ray

John Carpenter

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have to say that I was firmly in the camp of those who thought "witching" for water was BS...until last summer when a group of guys I was working with were trying to find a water leak with no success. The backhoe operator got tired of listening to the engineers explain how they were going to find it...walked to his truck and got a couple of welding rods which he bent as most here have described. Ignoring the snickers he walked around the area for about a minute and the rods suddenly swung together and crossed. That spot was where he dug and at about 5 feet down he found the 1 1/2" water line....right at the leak! He made a believer out of several people that day.<br /><br />After that, all of us were trying it...some were able to make it work and some were not. Like some other things...I won't pretend to be able to explain it, but I know that it works.

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by 12Footer:<br /> There are theories of how this werks, but none have been prooven. Howevewr, there have been countless experiments that have prooven it werks under certain parameters. these are;<br />(1) The rods must be "tuned" to the user.<br />(2) The user must be trained in thier usage. There IS a right way and a wrong way. They can't be too close, too far appart, held at a wrong angle, too tightly, or wrists held to influnence the rods.<br />(3) There can be no winds, or stiff breeze. <br />(4) Welding rods are ideal length for the average user, but do not werk for all. Copper does werk better,in that you can adjust the length (tune them) better...Also ,see "my theories" below. They must be bent into an ell, (90degrees), and as straight as possible. 5" on the end held in hands. The other length is whatever werks best for the user, between 15" and 24" long. The rod's diameter is only critical in that the tuned length will change slightly. <br /><br />(5)Walking should be slow enough and smooth enough to allow the rod tips to be moving slightly, but not all over the place (why it cannot be done in wind).<br />(6) Overhead utilities will sometimes (not allways) interere with the ability, as will buildings or vehicles close-by.<br />I've personally taught a few people how to use them, but do not have as consistant a capability as some do...It truely does matter who you are.
And lastly, the diviner MUST have had a good meal of beans no further than 12 hours prior :D :D :D