divining rods

crab bait

Captain
i've seen them work in the past.. an always amazes me.. but was little leery..<br /><br />untill today..<br /><br />were puttin' in a new high voltage service to an old hospital.. an it's been underground pipe work since june..<br /><br />alotta diggin'..!!<br /><br />the backhoe opererator is the best i've seen ,,teamed with his laborer son.. <br /><br />it's been very dangerous cause where ever they dig ,, there's always something there.. gas line, water line, sewer, fiber optic, phone ,everythng..!!<br /><br />they hit pritnear everthin' in there path..<br /><br />today,, was the final dig.. an real close to the building were there's EVEN more stuff to hit.. <br /><br />but today,, we got a new backhoe operator.. <br /><br />before he dug,, he combs the ground with two pieces of bent copper wire.. he marked the suspect spots with those tiny flags.. <br /><br />an at each marking,, sure enuff,, there was something .. <br /><br />after the dig was over .. an before the backfill .. i combed the same place he did with the 'rods'.. <br /><br />i could see were the other stuff was.. an at EVERY spot,, the rods would literally turn parrarell to the obstruction.. <br /><br />i even tried my hardest to keep the rods from turning my hands ,, BUT COULDN'T.!!<br /><br />walk away,, an the rods turn back to pointing straight ahead.. get close to the next ,, an they turn parrarell to the obstruction again.. <br /><br />man ,, was it neet..!!<br /><br />WHAT THE HECKS THE SCIENCE OF THIS wizardtry,, anyway..!!

LubeDude

Admiral
Re: divining rods

Hey Crab Bait:<br /><br />I too am a firm believer, I had a very similar experience to yours about 30 years ago. I have been finding water lines, culverts, electrical lines and such ever since. A couple bent gas welding rods work fine, if you are looking for underground water to drill a well, use two pieces of 3/8 copper tubing. Its really quite amazing.<br /><br />Now, Not everyone can do this I dont know why, but only a few people can actually make it work for them. My Grandmother could tell where to dig a well with a willow stick.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Crab bait, welcome to the outside plumbers world.<br />I have some idea how they work, I too have seen them used and tried them myself.It has to do with hydrogene ions,so you can explain it as intermolecular magnetism of the sort you learn about in organic chemistry.That said,there is a long way between that and understanding it. But no,you did not smoke funny vegetables.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

I have seen an old man find water for irrigation wells with a willow branch, every hole we put down was exact for good water.<br />I have never tried to find water, but have found water lines underground with welding rods. Tha man with the willow branch claimed that if you held tghe willow and could not find water, he could hold your hands along with the branch and "give you the gift" meaning from that time on you could find water. Don't know this for sure.<br />I have found grave sites with welding rods too. try this at your cemetary, it works!

one more cast

Captain

Its really freaky, it won't work for me but if I hold the rods and the "witcher" touches my arm then it will work.

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by Kenneth Brown:<br /> Its time to leave the "green leafy substances" alone crabby.
ROFL! :D

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hey Crab, I've had the same experience. I used to have a relative who could do that. He used divining rods to find underground water for the local farmers to drill their wells - it worked every time. I remember he said to me that the day he ever got it wrong would be the day he would give it up.<br /><br />The same guy was also a decorated WWII veteran - a machine gunner who fought in Africa. He was said to have killed a large number of germans there...I used to wonder if it was all the ghosts helping him out...

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

They werk! I've seen it allmost every day for thirty years, werking for the City Of Fort Myers...But not for me.<br />Two metal wires, shaped like "L"s, held loosely, one in each hand, in the hands of somebody who is capable of it. And not everyone is.<br />It takes some skill to learn the meathod, with the right person, and I KNOW you can locate burried pipe usng this meathod. It works easier with pressurised water mains, but will also werk with any other pipe, up to 10foot deep.

Link

Rear Admiral

Man this place getting as good as Coast to Coast AM :D <br /><br />Neat subject Crabby. My ex FIL would have claimed you was playing evil spirits :rolleyes: <br /><br />Over the years I have met many people "who know someone" who could do this but me some how never meet this "someone"<br /><br />Glad to know you have like others here have done this!<br />This is cool! Even though it's called cyber space on a forum. No one here has a reason to lie.. <br />How does this work???

crab bait

Captain

i was hopin' it was the 'funny vegetables'.. i was gonna buy a 1/2 ton of it.. an go into pipe locatin'busness..<br /><br />( o'well,, i'll only buy a 1/4 ton now )<br /><br />this is no shiznit,, it's the coolest thing ever.. i could see the pipes & stuff all exposed.. an tried my hardest to make the rods NOT turn pararell to the pipes .. but could not stop them from turnin'.. <br /><br />it really is neet..!!<br /><br />try for yourself.. take 2 welding rods or say # 8 bare copper wire about the same lenght or bit longer.. <br /><br />go up 5 inches an hand bend a 90 deg bend ..<br /><br />hold short end in hands .. the rods pointin' stra8 ahead.. <br /><br />walk perpendicular to known pipes an see the magic work for yourself...

Stumpys

Petty Officer 1st Class

When I was on the electrical crew at KCI, I worked with a true hillbilly that used those things. I never believed it until he showed me that it does work. He would say there's water down there, and I'll be d**n, there was when we dug it up.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Like I said for those of you who have tried this, or who do this, go to your local cemetary. Go to the older part, and start checking or graves around the markers. You should find all of the grave sites. I have used these myself personally in old family plots or very old abandoned cemetaries to locate exact locations of grave sites. I also helped an anthropologist with the University of Nebraska, who my cousin was working under, find a grave site of an old indikan burial (long story).<br />For those of you who can find water, try finding graves. <br />Especially cool in the midwest like here near the old oregon Trail.

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

I'll vouch for them. When I first started working in the Houston area I was a survey crew chief. There is more cr*p underground in the Houston area than you can imagine and it is important to locate as much of it before starting construction as you can. <br /><br />My company had spent several thousand dollars on all kinds of electronic gadgets to locate this stuff but none of them were more than 75% accurate when locating lines.<br /><br />We had a situation where we knew a gas line was in the area but none of the gadgets could find it. My grandfather had taught me to use welding rods to find the waterline from the well to the house when I was a kid. I got a pair, bent them and located the gas line. You should have seen the look on the faces of the engineering college kids who worked on my crew. They all figured technology was the be all, end all to everything until that day.

JGREGORY

Lieutenant

I'll vouch for it.<br /><br />When I use to work for the Road department we had a catch basin that always got clogged in heavy rain. One day we get the Buildings and Grounds guys to come out with their pipe snake to open the drain. It went for about 20' then just stopped. :confused: While looking for the outlet one of the B&G guys takes 2 metal coat hangers and makes an L out of each. Every time he crossed the Pipe the "hangers" pointed to each other, once past they went straight out again. Well after about 20" there was no more pipe. :eek: Come to find out that when the road was overlayed the contractor ripped up about 60' of the old pipe and never replaced it. :eek: <br /><br />I heard the contractor was fined $25K and forced to fix the error. <br /><br />IMHO the Gosh darn inspector should have been fired. Every project he was ever on had some sort of problem. :mad:

Carphunter

Commander

When I was younger, we used to tape welding rods to our heads and hop around.<br /><br />Never did find any water, but we weren't really trying to, I guess. :p

Link

Rear Admiral

Hey Crabby<br />We have you, LubeDude, rolmops, deputydawg, OMC, 62_Kiwi, 12Footer, Stumpys, Mr.Ladyfish and jg with first hand experience.<br />This is the first time I have ever talked to anyone who has tried this. Now I've heard directly from 11 people!<br />OK now I'm not very good at the paranormal. I've never seen a UFO, or a Alien. Not even BigFoot! <br />(But I would like to)<br />Tomorrow on Saturday November 13th (hope that isnt a bad sign) :eek: in the year of our Lord 2004 we are headed over to eastern Washington to visit some friends who have a small farm with a well and I know he has welding rods. I'm going to try it <br /><br />Also going to chase some German Brown Fins on Waitts lake :D :D <br /><br />deputydawg<br />Homeboy ain't going in no graveyard for nothing! :D