Disconnecting oil injection.........

eddie haskell

Petty Officer 3rd Class
The Suzuki DT85 I bought was reported to me that they disconnected the oil injection and went to pre-mixing in the tank.
Well I found out they didn't, only that the oil flow switch was so restricted from sludge from neglect, I guess, that it made the alarm sound.
They decided to just mix it themselves @ 50-1. and run it that way.
I put her in the water for the first time yesterday, she ran great, really has power and waters well, maybe too well, as i think she is not reaching the best temp for burn..... not sure.
My question is, do you think by running oil through parts that were not designed to get oil, damages them in anyway?
I have a new fuel filter I am putting on her, and I was think of maybe rebuilding the fuel pump too. I know on this motor oil is not injected until after the carbs, right before the cylinder intake...

Any thought?

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
The Suzuki DT85 I bought was reported to me that they disconnected the oil injection and went to pre-mixing in the tank. My question is, do you think by running oil through parts that were not designed to get oil, damages them in anyway? Any thought?

If PO was using disconnected, should have no future issues running same. The difference between having a auto oil inyected system and a 50:1 one is that at idle, fast idle, medium revs engine uses much less oil ratio than running all the time at 50:1. Will need to run engine wot from time to time to keep plugs oil free.

Happy Boating