DISAPPEARED

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
How about when looking for your glasses, and people are looking at the top of your head... DOH!
on your head under your hardhat and been looking 'em from after lunch until time to go home! :facepalm:

dwco5051

Commander
I know how that game works ... dunno' what it is about "wife eyes." They can see stuff :)

And they quickly notice the stuff you may have bought since the last time you left them in your shop. " When did you get that?" "I don't remember ever seeing that before." and "HOW MUCH DID THAT COST?"

StarTed

Senior Chief Petty Officer
dwco,

I have a wife like that. She's always asking where I got something, when I got it and how much did it cost. Now that she's through the big M she is slowing down a little. Maybe its that I have so much junk that she sees it like a forest and not the trees.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
I'm not sure that I should admit this but years ago, before I had the age card to use, I was looking for something I was just using. I sorted through all kinds of things that I was just handling and some others. All kinds of things were moved and looked under.

I finally found it. It was in my other hand.;):clock::help:

Reminds me of the guy who has his glasses propped up on his forehead and cannot find them.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
dwco,

I have a wife like that. She's always asking where I got something, when I got it and how much did it cost. Now that she's through the big M she is slowing down a little. Maybe its that I have so much junk that she sees it like a forest and not the trees.

Not my Wife's case. There is no forest big enough to keep her from zeroing in on all the 'bad trees'.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
My wife won't even go into the shop and she learned a long time ago, if she asks where I got something, the pat answer is, I don't know or I have had that for years!

:lol:

generator12

Senior Chief Petty Officer
My issue with tools is a result of spending most of my younger years unable to afford the really good ones. Now if I'm in a Menards or a Home Depot and see something on sale, and can now afford it, I'm overwhelmed by a compulsion to buy it whether or not I'll need it in the next ten years. Result: a nice collection of brand new, unused, high quality tools, neatly arranged on pegboards and shelves....

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
dagnabbit rabbit!! finally figured out what was going on. Last night, must have taken a hundred pictures just trying to post one of a project am working on. Every time, I'd watch 'em download and then disappear!! lol Spent hours, even today :lol: and couldn't find them anywhere.

At my wits end, brain scrambled and all, while waiting on my neighbor to come over and investigate said problem - happened to be looking in a folder dated 2007. Simple, had never set the date in my camera --- technology:smash:

no704

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I was sandblasting a set of VW engine tins in a blast cabnit. Was 3/4 of the way done, after a few hours. Put a new part in the cabnit, the trigger on the gun was gone! Spent about 45 min digging thru the sand looking for it. Blast cabnit was operated with a foot pedal. Doh!

Last edited:

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I was sandblasting a set of VW engine tins in a blast cabnit. Was 3/4 of the way done, after a few hours. Put a new part in the cabnit, the trigger on the gun was gone! Spent about 45 min digging thru the sand looking for it. Blast cabnit was operated with a foot pedal. Doh!
there needs to be some kind of trophy awarded for acts like these!!!

sam60

Captain
My Dad always called it pisadeared. He passed 10 years ago next month, he was a great man and quite the character and there will always be a void.

Hijacking a thread.....Disappeared.

Last edited:

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
My Dad always called it pisadeared. He passed 10 years ago next month, he was a great man and quite the character and there will always be a void.

Hijacking a thread.....Disappeared.

think I have another thread about hijacking? lol my mind disappears after midnight.... Understand about your Dad, mine did too. Years later, and I still want to call him sometimes.... We never really know when someone walks out the door if we'll ever see them again - make the most of who is in our lives now. Learned a new word today :lol: think I'll use it soon lol