Dilemma

bigcathunter

Cadet
Re: Dilemma

I love the big lakes too, but in Iowa where I live they just are not here so we make the best out of our 17 boating weekends that this climate allows and usually tow about an hour to Lake Rathbun. If we are able to manage it we make to the Mississippi once or twice and The Lake of the Ozarks once throughout the season. For me the more time on the boat the better and if a job opening comes up that requires being on a boat and drinking beer all year round I would be the first in line to get that baby. I just love being on the water so the more days or hours I can spend on a boat the better.

75TowerOfPower

Petty Officer 1st Class

Move to Cincy, you will be closer to LC and the other Tenn. lakes and you can also use the boat on the Ohio River for concerts and games too.

Try out Norris the next time you are down there, I think it's better than LC but it all depepnds on where you go on each of the lakes.

Huron Angler

Admiral

x2 on buying a little tin can to get on the water locally, and keep the other boat at the lake.

Dick Sorensen

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have had great boating experiences on The Ohio (both to Pittsburgh and to Louisville,) running the Muskingum, overnight camping at Alum Creek....so so times at Buckeye Lake and not so good at Indian Lake. Plans for this year include a June Trip from Cincy to Louisville, a 9 day trip across Canadian on The Trent-Severn, and a run across Erie to Lemington, Ontario in September. Plus I'm about 15 minutes from launching my boat at Griggs Resevoir...Yes, it certainly isn't the quiet solitute of Lake Cumberand and it certainly would be nice to walk out your back door to the boat dock but the chances of that happening, at least for me, are slim to none. I think your idea of trying a year in and around Ohio with a couple of runs to LC makes alot of sense. What did that guy from Illinois suggest? "move out of Columbus" Imagine, leaving the holy grail....of Colleges. Go Bucks!

tswiczko

Master Chief Petty Officer

I think the general consensus is get the boat closer to you or get a second boat;)

I agree with the first half get it closer to you, I grew up near Erie and was on it for nearly the entire summer for several years with my Dad and Uncles, and it can get angry fast, but when it's nice it's the best.

I live near Louisville now and I can tell you if it weren't for the OhiO River being so close I would spin myself crazy going in circles in the little lakes around here. There is some very nice scenery along the Ohio as well. You might like river boating, beats going around in circles