$@$%&$ Digital camera problems again.

PierBridge

Chief Petty Officer
Joined
Sep 3, 2004
Messages
625
Re: $@$%&$ Digital camera problems again.

That is amazing 20 replys and not one Canon camera.<br /><br />Canon by far has the best optics in the industry right now.<br /><br />If the 10 x opitical Fuji is only 3 hundred that sounds good I have 2 megapixel fuji I keep in my tackle box that works great.
 

John Carpenter

Petty Officer 1st Class
Joined
Nov 1, 2002
Messages
336
Re: $@$%&$ Digital camera problems again.

I have had a Sony Mavica FD-95 for about 3 years...it was expensive but is a large heavy duty camera that has performed flawlessly. It is however bigger than most full size 35mm SLR's. Because of that, my wife hates it. Went out and bought a Fuji Finepix A210 for her. Takes better pics than the Sony and you can put it in your shirt pocket. It is a 3.2 MP camera. Great on batteries (AA's). Just bought the 128 mg memory card for it for $49. Two of my friends liked it so much that they went out and bought one. All are happy with the Fuji. One of those guys had a Kodak that he sent back to the factory three times for the same thing. Gave up and bought the Fuji.
 

LubeDude

Admiral
Thread starter
Joined
Oct 8, 2003
Messages
6,945
Re: $@$%&$ Digital camera problems again.

I think I have narrowed it down to either a Panasonic.<br /><br /> Panasonic <br /><br />or a Minolta.<br /><br /> Minolta
 

one more cast

Captain
Joined
May 6, 2002
Messages
3,143
Re: $@$%&$ Digital camera problems again.

Dude, go to that web site on my above post and you can do a split screen side by side comparison of your two choices.
 

LubeDude

Admiral
Thread starter
Joined
Oct 8, 2003
Messages
6,945
Re: $@$%&$ Digital camera problems again.

Very little imfo out there about the Panisonic.<br /><br />I like that the Minolta just uses AA Bateries, as i allready have a charger and batteries. Im rounding up money and selling stuff on Ebay to come up with the $500.00 Im going to need.<br /><br />There goes the new depth finder. :eek:
 

spratt

Lieutenant
Joined
Oct 13, 2004
Messages
1,461
Re: $@$%&$ Digital camera problems again.

Lube, if you wanna take a look, a good site for price comparison atleast is:<br /><br />www.buydig.com
 

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Aug 16, 2003
Messages
12,072
Re: $@$%&$ Digital camera problems again.

I'd go for the Minolta, L'dude. Get yourself one of those Nimh battery chargers with 4 AA rechargeables. You'll be amazed at the mileage. I like the 12x also. Gofer it!
 

waterone1@aol.com

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Joined
Oct 10, 2004
Messages
1,235
Re: $@$%&$ Digital camera problems again.

Lube, I have had a Minolta G400 for the past year and use it on the boat a-lot. No problems, great price and performance. I have emailed lots of the pics taken with this camera and have taken a memory stick to the photo place more than once to be printed....very happy with the results.
 
Top