Didn't know 12 Footer

gonfishn

Commander
Re posted ya on the Lure post, but wanted to tell you That I hope all is well as do the rest of us. Did they do a pace on you? Problem is no one knows until after the fact when someone is down and out. Sounds like you,JB and myself need to post on Engine Repair and see if anyone has any spare parts they are not using. May your lures run true and get tough soon.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Didn't know 12 Footer

WHAT?? :eek: <br /><br />Is our pal 12Footer ailing??<br /><br />Or did you misread his post about that miserable piece of silicon failing to perform properly??<br /><br />Don't tell me you've gone into a purple funk because I got an 11 foot fishing boat, 12Footer.<br /><br />If it upsets you I'll trade it for a 13! :D

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

What? Me? Not lately.I'm good to go (I think). I haven't been laid-up for a long time [narkon wood].<br /><br />As JB iluded (SP) to, I had a major computer crash,but it's back up and runnin...It just looks sort of funny, with a power switch dangling in the air,and no side ons the case. But here I be.<br />I'm 98% up and running, both personally and computerly :D

derwood

Chief Petty Officer

Welcom back! :) <br /><br />Gladtoseeyawood.

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Good to hear you're there 12 footer. Sounds like you need 'Bones' help from "Star Trek" with that computer.<br />It's good to know our senior members are out there.<br />Ross

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

12Footer, I understood what had happend to you. I recall when your computer crashed. Having that old power switch hanging in the air is okay as long as it works.<br /><br />If you need let us know and we can have some duct tape and bailing wire mailed to you :D <br /><br />Bob

Spidybot

Lieutenant Commander

If and when you reach a point of assembling the puter, keep in mind that proper fans are a must. <br /><br />A defective fan is as bad as a defective impeller. Overheating can cause almost as much chaos here as in a boatmotor.<br /><br />BTW some computercases only work properly (regarding ventilation) when assembled.

crab bait

Captain

BONES from STAR TREK is a good idea.. but i think BOB VT is on the rite trek ,, i mean track... sounds like he needs the help of 'MCGUYVER'...

gonfishn

Commander

Talk about as dumb as a box of rocks I'm their.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Actually, Scotty came-thru for us. He says, "Admiral, she's being held together with bailin wire and me bagpipes, so she can na stand for any more strain at the helm !"<br /><br />It was a lightning-induced line hit on the modem. It took-out the modem,power supply, and MB ..That sure is some funny stuff ,tho. For instance, the video card,HD Cd's and everything is just fine...Strange!!

88spl

Petty Officer 1st Class

I spend to much time on my PC....When you are counting objects, you go "0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D...". <br />When asked about a bus schedule, you wonder if it is 16 or 32 bits. <br />When your wife says "If you don't turn off that darn machine and come to bed, then I am going to divorce you!", and you chastise her for for omitting the else clause. <br />When you are reading a book and look for the scroll bar to get to the next page. <br />When you look for your car keys using: "grep keys /dev/pockets" <br />When you look for your homework using: "grep homework /dev/backpack" <br />When after fooling around all day with routers etc, you pick up the phone and start dialing an IP number. <br />When you get in the elevator and double-press the button for the floor you want. <br />When not only do you check your email more often than your paper mail, but you remember your {network address} faster than your postal one. <br />When you go to balance your checkbook and discover that you're doing the math in octal. <br />When you dream in 256 pallettes of 256 colors. <br />...You're writing a homework assignment, and get the end of the line in the middle of a sentence, tack on a '\', and continue writing on the next line. <br />You try to sleep, and think ... "telnet ***.dreams.heaven"

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Thatz me :D <br />390days,21hours,47minutes until retirement.<br />bbzzzzzzt