Diacom software or Techmate Pro???

boosted_2v

Cadet
Hello everyone, new to the forums here.

I am looking into getting a Rinda diagnostic tool. Not sure which would be better, the techmate pro or the software. I have a 2005 496mag with a bravo1.

If anyone has either, could you please share your thoughts on the product?

Thanks!

alldodge

Staff member
Diacom is better because it will display a lot of info at one time, will also record what is going on for playback later. So far as testing, displaying codes, clearing codes they both do the same job.

Diacom is better over all but techmate is real handy and self contained. No need for a laptop with techmate but everything is stepped thru one at a time.

I have techmate

Searay205

Chief Petty Officer
pick your poison. techmate self contained and does save engine parameters when fault occurs. 99% of owners don't understand all its abilities. taking a laptop out what PIA. sure it can record, but unless you are a business how many issues are you diagnosing each year? I recommend the tech mate Pro. i throw it on the boat, i probably don't want to baby sit a laptop, spool up the computer etc.

achris

More fish than mountain goat
their both useless without Mercruser service manual #49.

Interesting. I don't have manual #49, and I have been using the Diacom software for years. Saved me and a lot of my friends with MPI engines heaps of money. I'm quite capable of reading and interpreting the outputs, and using it to run the various tests. What's so special about manual #49?

Chris......

Searay205

Chief Petty Officer
23,745 post is one thing. you have tons of experience. I have some. that the difference. interesting learn today. when i erased my codes from troubleshooting today they would show gone but the siren would still go off. until i went in and erased freeze frame data they kept coming back.

Searay205

Chief Petty Officer
Achris,

Does the PCM automatically erase codes set after a certain number of faultless cycles? or once they set they are there until you erase them? I ran another 3 hours after my alarm with 5 start cycles and it never went away on its own even though freeze frame data showed fault 3 hours old.

alldodge

Staff member
Searay205, your hyjacking another's thread, please start a new one with your issue so we can all help

As for my first response, the only PCM which can use manual 49 is a motor which uses the PCM09. The OP to this thread being a 2005 496 should have a PCM555, but would need serial number to verify