Democrats Push for Troop Cuts Within Months

txswinner

Banned
Re: Democrats Push for Troop Cuts Within Months

Haut, i am ok on this one as I know I was at least where Patton could reach which is better than I can say for all the chickenhawks including those on here.

The people have spoken:

BRING HOME THE TROOPS

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

So Tx according to you we lost this war right?.....just say it and admitt it and lets get that out of the way.

txswinner

Banned

Mike, I do not see it as a won/loss as it could never have been won. You can not win if you do not know what winning means. If winning is getting rid of WMD not need to go. If winning is getting rid of Saddam then we won come home. If winning is changing Iraq to resemble America, then it was never winable, and if anyone is foolish to think we can defeat terrorism and prevent attacks on us by fighting in Iraq then could not win, can not win, and yes we have and will continue to lose.

You chose to call it win or loss; for me I want to

BRING HOME THE TROOPS

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

txswinner said:
Haut, i am ok on this one as I know I was at least where Patton could reach which is better than I can say for all the chickenhawks including those on here.

The people have spoken:

BRING HOME THE TROOPS

Just the type of "positive" reteric this country needs. With a loser mind set and yellow spine it's no wonder the left is so doom and gloom. Ever think the glass is half full?

KEEP THE TROOPS THERE AND FINISH THE JOB!

crunch

Commander

Add 2000 tanks, 1000 attack choppers, and 3000 fighter/bomber aircraft and it will be over in weeks.

Of course TX would have to change his Depends hourly.

imported_Curmudgeon

Chief Petty Officer

The persons who fought against these decisions and succeeded in keeping an airforce base in Buffalo,NY and the veterans hospital in Canandaigua were Chuck Schumer and Hillary Clinton.

The non-partisan BRACC recommends closures based on sound economic and military necessity, and Hillary/Shumer fight against it. Damn, nothing political there! And I love the "term du jour" - don't cut and run, just redeploy the troops. Jeez, I thought they were wacked when they came up with a new definition for "it".

Osama, are you listening? Cut out the IEDs, sit tight for awhile, the Donks will hand you Iraq on a platter when they "redeploy" the troops, and Allah won't have to come up with so many virgins.

crunch

Commander

LMAO.... Ohhhhh, that hurts.

Curmudgeon, you hit it fair and square. Of course we all know Chuck and Hillary gave it their best shot all over the US, to bad they were only successful in their own barrel.

Hillary and Nancy in 2008... that’s something to die for.... please shoot me.

PW2

Commander

custombycrunch said:
Add 2000 tanks, 1000 attack choppers, and 3000 fighter/bomber aircraft and it will be over in weeks.

I have to admit I am curious. Just who exactly do we attack with that increased armament you propose?

The Sunnis? The Shiias? The Kurds?

I could be convinced if I thought there was an identified target to attack.

If you say Alqaida is the target, that's fine, and I agree, but with helicopters and such we don't need 140 k troops in harm's way to do that.

And M&R the fact we don't hear about OBL & Co is precisely the point. They *are* the people that attacked us on 9/11. They are still there.

rmmpe

Petty Officer 1st Class

A first ever:
I agree with Haut; bring back the draft.
When I was in the Service (when the Draft was still present), the diversity of the personnel was very broad. An all-volunteer military can be most attractive to many who have a difficult time in civilian life and resort to the Service as a path. BTW, I enlisted in the Navy because I chose to and would have done so regardless (one of the best decisions of my life).

Do not misconstrue this to mean I have less respect for those currently in the Service of our country, which would be entirely false.

I am simply a believer that ALL men should have Military experience. My thought on women in combat positions is that it is improper (I can anticipate the responses to this).

I also believe that former Military personnel have a better hook on what is important for the security of this country.

oddjob

Commander

PW2 said:
Yep, ol PW did indeed have a plan. It was go after Bin Laden and co and get them. And don't stop till we get them.

Unfortunately we chose to stop to go after Saddam.

So now you want me to come up with a new plan to fix your mess?

There is no fix. There are various levels of bad choices, and I vote for the one likely to result in the fewest American casualties.

Elections do have consequences.

Thats BS PW...you never stated that plan until you got your talking points from the left and then the media. Now go ahead, use a few new words from the dictionary and pat your self. o:)

oddjob

Commander

rmmpe said:
A first ever:
I agree with Haut; bring back the draft.
When I was in the Service (when the Draft was still present), the diversity of the personnel was very broad. An all-volunteer military can be most attractive to many who have a difficult time in civilian life and resort to the Service as a path. BTW, I enlisted in the Navy because I chose to and would have done so regardless (one of the best decisions of my life).

Do not misconstrue this to mean I have less respect for those currently in the Service of our country, which would be entirely false.

I am simply a believer that ALL men should have Military experience. My thought on women in combat positions is that it is improper (I can anticipate the responses to this).

I also believe that former Military personnel have a better hook on what is important for the security of this country.

I agree with your comments. Haut could use some military experience. All whinny libs could use it, plus the spankin that type of person receives from the men in his unit.

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

The draft?!
WTF?!?!?!?!
You want to send more innocent boys off to die in some war that we don't need?

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

I agree with your comments. Haut could use some military experience. All whinny libs could use it, plus the spankin that type of person receives from the men in his unit
----------------------------------------------------------------------
All I've heard on this thread is whining Rehubs...
Military experience?
Ya mean like Cheney, Rummy & Dummy?
I'm sorry you got spanked while you were in the Navy, BTW......:love:......JK

crunch

Commander

PW2 said:
custombycrunch said:

I have to admit I am curious. Just who exactly do we attack with that increased armament you propose?

The Sunnis? The Shiias? The Kurds?

I could be convinced if I thought there was an identified target to attack.

If you say Alqaida is the target, that's fine, and I agree, but with helicopters and such we don't need 140 k troops in harm's way to do that.

And M&R the fact we don't hear about OBL & Co is precisely the point. They *are* the people that attacked us on 9/11. They are still there.

Anything that moves and is armed.... if a bullet comes from a neighborhood?.... flatten the neighborhood. If an rpg comes from a town?.. flatten the town.

Just start in the South and head North, the targets will present themselves. The goal would be to disarm the population. Sure, there would be thousands of collateral casualties, but if we pull out, there will be a blood bath like you can't believe..... millions, not thousands, and we'll have an oil rich terrorist country to deal with after.

PW2

Commander

That is not BS.

If you search ther archives, pre war (I went under the moniker plywoody then) you will see, before we ever went in, I said:

This war will result in a relatively easy victory, followed by the peace from hell.

This will likely result in chaos, and an unwinnable situation.

And I was roundly and almost universally ridiculed for that opinion on this board.

Those that are honest no longer ridicule. Those that are still in a state of denial will continue to ridicule until the casualty count gets too high for them to have any credibility, or all the generals say en masse, " No More!"

We had a very short window at the start where we had a chance at a good outcome. We missed that chance.

It over!

PW2

Commander

Before you think that I am that smart, I am not. The truly sad thing is that this outcome was predicted long before in the prior Gulf war, by Bush 41 and his advisors, which is precisely why the did not continue into Bahgdad at the time...

And with Schwartzkoff, they had 500k troops at the time--not the hopelessly small force we used under Rummy and Tommy Franks.

Just thinking about this makes me angry!

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

PW2 said:
Before you think that I am that smart, I am not. The truly sad thing is that this outcome was predicted long before in the prior Gulf war, by Bush 41 and his advisors, which is precisely why the did not continue into Bahgdad at the time...

And with Schwartzkoff, they had 500k troops at the time--not the hopelessly small force we used under Rummy and Tommy Franks.

Just thinking about this makes me angry!

Yep

"Once you've got Baghdad, it's not clear what you do with it. It's not clear what kind of government you would put in place of the one that's currently there now. Is it going to be a Shia regime, a Sunni regime or a Kurdish regime? Or one that tilts toward the Baathists, or one that tilts toward the Islamic fundamentalists? How much credibility is that government going to have if it's set up by the United States military when it's there? How long does the United States military have to stay to protect the people that sign on for that government, and what happens to it once we leave?"....secretary of defense, **** Cheney shortly after the first gulf war.

txswinner

Banned

Anew plan more stuff, just what is the victory you seek. When do we have victory, I still see no answer.

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

txswinner said:
Anew plan more stuff, just what is the victory you seek. When do we have victory, I still see no answer.

beatdeadhorse5.gif

txswinner

Banned

another intellectual response from the reich.

The people have spoken:

BRING HOME THE TROOPS