Deck hatches on a foamed in deck

garrett61

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Just looking for a few oppinions on deck hatches. I foamed the entire inside of the hull before intalling the new deck. Should i still put in deck hatches or is it pointless? Talking about the round hatch type. <br />There is foam the entire length of the hull all the way up to the deck. <br />Thanks

dmarkvid2

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Deck hatches on a foamed in deck

Why do you ask if would be pointless? What will this hatch be used for?

garrett61

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Inspection a way to check under the deck thats about it. Id get pics but the whole yard is flooded :(

samsam

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Originally posted by garrett61:<br /> Inspection a way to check under the deck thats about it.
You won't be able to see anything but the immediate foam right at the hatch, or do anything anyway. Besides, I don't think you can buy a hatch that doesn't leak and so a hatch would only let you see problems that were probably caused by the hatch to begin with. Sam

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

totally agree with Sam

dmarkvid2

Chief Petty Officer

I also agree, makes no sence. When you put all the foam in, you did leave a space at the bottom of the bilge that runs the entire lenth for water to drain out right?

garrett61

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thats what i was leaning towards just wanted to double check on this one. I want the boat done right. thanks again for all the replies.<br />And yes i used pvc and ran it the length of the boat before i foamed it. they all run out to the rear bilge area.