Dear Tech Support:

LadyFish

Admiral
Dear Tech Support:<br /><br />Last year I upgraded from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0. I soon noticed that<br />the new program began unexpected child<br />processing that took up a lot of space and valuable resources.<br />In addition, Wife 1.0 installed itself into all other programs and now<br />monitors all other system activity.<br /><br />Applications such as PokerNight 10.3, Football 5.0, Hunting and Fishing<br />7.5, and Racing 3.6 no longer run, crashing the system whenever selected.<br /><br />I can't seem to keep Wife 1.0 in the background while attempting to<br />run my favorite applications. I'm thinking about<br />going back to Girlfriend 7.0, but the uninstall doesn't work on Wife 1.0.<br />Please help!<br /><br />Thanks,<br />A TroubledUser<br /><br />_______________________________________________<br /><br />REPLY:<br /><br />Dear Troubled User:<br /><br />This is a very common problem about which men are complaining.<br />Many people upgrade from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0, thinking that it is<br />just a Utilities and Entertainment program. Wife1.0 is an OPERATING<br />SYSTEM and is designed by its Creator to run EVERYTHING!!!<br /><br />It is also impossible to delete Wife 1.0 and to return to Girlfriend 7.0.<br />It is impossible to uninstall, or purge the program files from the<br />system once installed.<br /><br />You cannot go back to Girlfriend 7.0 because Wife 1.0 is designed to not<br />allow this. Look in your Wife 1.0 manual under<br />Warnings-Alimony/Child-Support. I recommend that<br />you keep Wife1.0 and work on improving the situation. I suggest<br />installing the background application "Yes Dear" to alleviate software augmentation.<br /><br />The best course of action is to enter the command C:\APOLOGIZE because<br />ultimately you will have to give the APOLOGIZE command before the system<br />will return to normal anyway.<br /><br />Wife 1.0 is a great program, but it tends to be very high maintenance.<br />Wife 1.0 comes with several support<br />programs, such as Clean and Sweep 3.0, Cook It 1.5 and Do Bills 4.2.<br /><br />However, be very careful how you use these programs. Improper use will<br />cause the system to launch the program Nag Nag Nag 9.5. Once this<br />happens, the only way to improve the performance of<br />Wife 1.0 is to purchase additional software. I recommend Flowers 2.1 and<br />Diamonds 5.0.<br /><br />WARNING!!! DO NOT, under any circumstance, install Secretary With Short<br />Skirt 3.3. This application is not supported<br />by Wife 1.0 and will cause irreversible damage to the operating system.<br /><br />Best of luck,<br />Tech Support

Ralph 123

Captain
Re: Dear Tech Support:

Wife 1.0 is an OPERATING<br />SYSTEM and is designed by its Creator to run EVERYTHING
:D :D :D <br /><br />Ya know, they could have told us that on the box!

KaGee

Admiral

Too good Lady fish!<br /><br />I have run my WIFE 1.0 for 28 years with only minmal glitches. <br /><br />
Ya know, they could have told us that on the box!<br />
Ya need REAL STRONG glasses to read the fine print Ralph! OO :D

Peter J Fraser

Chief Petty Officer

Wife 1.0, 32 years, minor problems with Daughter ver 1.0 and Son ver 1.0 only.<br />Life's COOL.<br />Love em all even Mother-in-law ver 1.0.<br />No need to use un-install program, but then they are not using 'winblows' either.<br />HA HA.<br /><br />Peter

hayhauler

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Wife 1.0 has been the operating system around here for 23 years. Some applications have been deleted and don't seem to be able to be reinstalled. Son 1.0 and son 2.0 are slightly different versions of extra operating systems, requiring a great deal more processor to operate three os's at once. They tend to compete at times but if Wife/Mama 1.0 ain't happy nothing else seems to work.

tylerin

Commander

Dear Troubled user:<br />Get yourself a LAPTOP ;) <br />or do like myself and get the newer version ...wife 2.0 :D

Kenneth Brown

Captain

The only problem with wife 2.0 is you can never fully delete wife 1.0. Wife 1.0 will continue to take resources from you, especially if you have the additional programming of son/daughter1.0-3.0 .

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

That's great,Ladyfish. I enjoyed it.

starrider_68

Petty Officer 3rd Class

wife 1.0 replaced by wife 2.0 then decided to crash, I then upgraded to wife 3.0. wife 3.0 is 15 years concurrent running. wife 3.0 currently having compatability problem with daughter 1.1, but runs great with daughter 3.1, 3.2, and 3.3. this version of wife 3.0 has the ability to auto update and was pre installed with fishing 5.5, auto racing 3.1, football 3.1, and home repair 7.5. The beat thing about wife 3.0 is she has the ability to coincide / combat wife 1.0 and wife 2.0. To date the only glitch is she was not programmed with volume 1.1. <br />see ya'll on the river!

Dunaruna

Admiral

Wife1.0 is brilliant. Well worth the premium license fee. I had son1.0 download a trojan recently, I was ready to do a full format but wife1.0 automatically obliterate said trojan.<br /><br />A word of warning, never attempt ctrl/alt/del on wife1.0, for some reason they are the wrong buttons to push and can cause an irreversible system crash. Anyone know where I can get a patch for that?<br /><br />Aldo

starrider_68

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br /> the only way to improve the performance of<br />Wife 1.0 is to purchase additional software. I recommend Flowers 2.1 and<br />Diamonds 5.0.<br /><br />WARNING!!! DO NOT, under any circumstance, install Secretary With Short<br />Skirt 3.3. This application is not supported<br />by Wife 1.0 and will cause irreversible damage to the operating system.<br /><br /><br />No patch available, once you have tried to "purge" wife 1.0 operating system, it will back up all memory and storage devices to a "protected" area of storage space. It has the unique ability to "rember" every time / place you had a glitch, and will use that information to keep you in track. Best of luck to you... <br /> :eek: :eek:

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Ran girlfriend 7.0 for 7yrs with out a glitch.<br /><br />As soon as I upgraded (so I thought) to Wife 1.0 it corrupted all files/folders and kept deleting most of finance 15.3 with out ever being able to restore it. Had to keep Husband 1.0 continuously working in the background to keep Wife 1.0's and Husband 1.0's shared files up to date.<br /><br />Later finding out that lazy butt 9.1 was associated with wife 1.0 and Affair check was never run until Fatal Error 2.6 showed up.<br /><br />I then bought a perfect version of Former Dane County D.A.'s - " 4,800.00 Law Suite " to rid my system of all damage caused by Wife 1.0. <br /><br />I've been happily running on an upgraded Bachelor 3.1 system for a year now w/o a glitch but, waiting to see if Girlfriend 7.0 and Wife 1.0 updates are worth the hassle. <br /><br /> :)

mattttt25

Commander

My WIFE 1.0 occasionally gets infected with BUG 2.3. I've run AdAware and SpyBot, but it doesn't seem to clean it up for good. Any other advice?

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer

Wife 1.0 has several sub-routines, some are not always desirable. Is there a patch for Shopping 4.6? Apparently Shopping 4.6 is incompatable with Finance 15.3, and Credit Cards 3.9 is now taking up too many resources.

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

I ran wife 1.0 for 3 years, and could never quite figure out the functionality. It was always too object oriented, and I could never allocate enough resources to keep it stable. 15 years ago, I installed wife 2.0, and have had no problems since. The token ethernet ring that it required to install was well worth the investment, and since that time, I have bonus versions of daughter 1.0, son 1.0, and daughter 1.2. These temporary-stay-resident programs do require signifigant resources and investment of time, and the functionality is somewhat eratic, but the final results that are beginning to show from running them is very rewarding.

Merc805

Petty Officer 1st Class

I am having problems with wife 2.0. System keeps going down on me. :D :eek: <br />Silly people...

Ralph 123

Captain

Dear outbored,<br /><br />Thank you for contacting Tech Support regarding your problem with Wife 2.0. The problem you are experience is a design feature. Most of our other customers complain that the feature does not work as often as it does for you. May I ask that you tell us what you are doing to keep that feature working regularly? Any help would be appreciated as we have many customers we would like to help.<br /><br />Thank you,<br />Danish Myhatmycoat<br />Wife 1.X - 3.x Technical Support

Dunaruna

Admiral

Wife1.0 & wife2.0 are beta test versions, that feature only runs for 6 months. An ongoing hefty fee is required to reactivate it. Diamond5.0 will sometimes work, pirate versions of diamond5.0(zerconia 1.0 & 1.01) only run on macs.<br /><br />Aldo

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Upgraded from girlfriend 7.0 to wife 2.0 just this weekend. This version of wife 2.0 is fluent with the software "necessary boat expense 101". It also has worked well with poker nite 1.2, and the ever important - personal space 3.0 before the upgrade.<br /><br />It is important that you choose your version of wife carefully to be compatible with your hard drive. Some versions seem to be a drain on your systems resources, while others just don't have enough features built in. Having to upgrade from wife 1.0 to wife 2.0 is not only expensive but highly frustrating. <br /><br />Wife 1.0 can be removed by O.J. 4.5 or scott peterson 1.1 but they are not licensed for use in this country and highly illegal to use. If impossible to remove try any program by bill clinton technologies.

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

I have found that Mistress 6.9 will usually delete all verisions of Wife. The problem is, every version of Wife that I have seen, also has an automatic function that, when deleted, also deletes all MSMoney files.