daily music fix

dwco5051

Commander
This pretty much describes the situation we are in now in my county. We ain't going much of anywhere. A note for any other pickers out there this is the original version with Lloyd Green on the pedal steel. This was before Clarence White had his B-bender that was used on some later recordings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2JnDKvuNzw

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Not everyone's cup of tea.-----I take great delight in music videos by a you tube presenter-----Gert Van Hoef------To see a 17 year old operate a complex music machine ( pipe organ ) with 60 / 70 year old folks shaking their heads in disbelief is special.----He is now 25 years old as we speak.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Ok racer I had to google .. Some people are just born to do things ... I enjoy most all kinds of music .
This is good stuff and definitely on the list ! Here is a link seeing as you didn’t add one ..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEHGxpRoZQM
I assume the large knobs on either side is like volume controls ?

racerone

Supreme Mariner
I beleve he learned that number when he was 14 years old. ----Started playing when he was 13 years old.-----He is 18 in the video above.-----The knobs are called STOPS and allow the organist to add pipes / tones etc.-------You have heard the term---" pulling out all the stops "----There is a video of him and his helper giving a concert with most of the audience at 3 X their age.-----Does the wildest " happy birthday " rendition I have heard on a 2000 pipe organ.------Standing ovation with huge smiles on the Q-tips' ------Q-tips= senior citizens.

southkogs

Staff member
Not just the Qtips. Man, that was outstanding. One of my favorite pieces of music, and the kid's pretty phenomenal. That instrument is a work of art too. Great link!

southkogs

Staff member
We've got a couple of builders within a couple hours of here. Pretty amazing when you see what it takes to build one.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Look up a little ditty by ---Barbara Streisand ---Don't lie to me-----Caution , a somewhat strong political statement.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
A fellow by name of -----Randy Rainbow----Has a good song on #1 with his injecting of disinfectant.------Great stuff.---Enjoy.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

I was 5 when this was recorded .. I dont know if it makes me feel young or old ...