Cushion flies up, when hauling the boat.

Im Lon 2

Petty Officer 2nd Class
My back Cushion/seat keeps flying up and down as I'm hauling the boat. There is a clasp under the seat that locks it down where you have to give it a good pull to lift up, but it's not strong enough for the force of the wind while towing.

I have thought about adding a Strap to the bottom of the cushion, then put a button snap under the seat so I can button down the seat.

Will this work, or does anyone have any other ideas?

VP3437932_11_large.jpg

oldjeep

Admiral
Re: Cushion flies up, when hauling the boat.

Does your boat have a block off plate for the passthrough under the windshield? I learned on Saturday that if I don't install mine when trailering with no cover that my middle rear seat wants to take off - and there are no retainers at all on it.

H20Rat

Vice Admiral

Trailer it with the cushions stowed... That is what I do with mine, I don't trust the snaps even if they were more secure.

haulnazz15

Captain

I'd look at simply closing the walk-thru windshield and using a snap-on bow cover. Would probably eliminate the issue.

Im Lon 2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Does your boat have a block off plate for the passthrough under the windshield? I learned on Saturday that if I don't install mine when trailering with no cover that my middle rear seat wants to take off - and there are no retainers at all on it.
Good Idea! Mine is removable and a pain to use, but should work.

Trailer it with the cushions stowed... That is what I do with mine, I don't trust the snaps even if they were more secure.
Its hinged and does not come out.

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral

Mine has a strap attached to the underside of the cushion that snaps to a button below the seat. It works well.

dan02gt

Chief Petty Officer

Mine has a strap attached to the underside of the cushion that snaps to a button below the seat. It works well.

+1

No problem with my straps and I've towed the boat at 70 mph in the highway.

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral

And the straps work! If I forget to snap them down, the seat starts flapping at about 50 mph...

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

My back Cushion/seat keeps flying up and down as I'm hauling the boat. There is a clasp under the seat that locks it down where you have to give it a good pull to lift up, but it's not strong enough for the force of the wind while towing.

I have thought about adding a Strap to the bottom of the cushion, then put a button snap under the seat so I can button down the seat.

Will this work, or does anyone have any other ideas?

have your wife ride back there on that cushion; it will prevent all kinds of flappin'.

RotaryRacer

Lieutenant

What!? no mention of a "sofa" boat?

saumon

Lieutenant

For HC only, and a cat to boot:

:D

1.jpg

Last edited:

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

What!? no mention of a "sofa" boat?

I will admit to having a sofa truck--actually two--we were replacing a long sofa at the hunt club so we took the sawzall and cut it in half, and put a half in each pick-up truck for riding down the beach. Finished off the cut ends with pressure treated lumber. Stylin'!