Curious Medical Question

aspeck

Staff member
Re: Curious Medical Question

Here's the deal, Carpy. We will hunt together, I will not take any weapon. You spot the deer, you tell me where and when to shoot, and I will pull and release for you. Then you can tag it, I will gut it, and together we can drag it out of the woods. How does that sound?

Carphunter

Commander

Yeee Haww, Tylerin's back.............and his front. :p <br /><br />Where in the heck you been boy?

Carphunter

Commander

Sorry 'speck, but the deer I shoot would make you fall out of your treestand, before you could release the arrow. :p <br /><br />I do like the guttin and draggin part though. :D

gaugeguy

Captain

The treestands are hung in trees with care,<br />3 weeks from today is the bear opener, I'll be there :cool: <br />5 weeks from today is the deer opener, I'll be there :cool:

oddjob

Commander

And in the meanwhile, try to keep your wrist in a neutral position as much as possible at work or rest. Take frequent breaks ....go ahead and use your left hand. Hell, after 15 years I've become completely ampidextriuos(sp). <br />
I was given a booklet by the Dr. I had my surgery with. It was called "Coping with Carple Tunnel". It basically teaches you about the mechanics of the wrist. What causes Carple Tunnel, and how to prevent it or reduce the effects of it. It explained to me how to cope with it on my own terms. I have wrist braces that I've had to wear in the past that I rarely need now....Looking back 15 years,I've come along way I guess....I was terrified when I was diagnosed in 1986-7.<br /> Carpy since I had the surgery and changed the way I do things, it has never gotton worse since. I forget that I have it or that is ever a handy-cap. And I play sports with my boys that are the same age as yours. I always have my braces handy but I rarely ever use them anymore. The kids think its cool when I wear them. Get them in the safety catalogs at work and dont bother with anything that has a metal plate. BTW shooting a bow is not a problem because your wrists are in a neutral posture ( straight with forearm ).<br />
forget the quacks, other than surgery is there<br />any chance it would heal? <br />
MY there is no known cure. Almost everyone will develop symtoms to some degree eventually in their lives. For most people its minor. Surgery will help and even eliminate the effects completely. But only temperarly if one doesnt make necessary changes to the ergonomics of ones wrist when conducting physical activities. For example: when using a screw driver, I prefer (no I must!) to turn the tool fitted in my hand a perfect 90 degrees from the forearm. It is slower, but because my wrist is in a neutral position I have max grip and torq. and can do it nearly all day as apposed to the typical (Knife forward wrist posture). <br /><br />Anyway, the dock said my left hand was worse than the right. he suggested I did both. only my right hurt at the time and I opted only for it. To this day they both feel about the same. <br />If you have any questions or want more feedback email me at pbegley393@bluelight.com

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

If you need to have the surgery, research the diferent methods that can be used, and interview the surgeon(s) on which method he will be using. Then go talk to his previous patients and ask them about the length of their recovery.<br /><br />Some of these guys have a great track record, some of them don't.

Carphunter

Commander

oddjob, thanks for all the information, I really appreciate it. Glad to hear your "Carpy Tunnel" is under control.<br /><br />Roscoe, thanks to you too.