CSI shows-Rant!

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: CSI shows-Rant!

I like the original CSI and have watched it since the first season. I agree there are people who can't seperate fantasy (TV shows) from reality. It's sad really that what is said and done on these shows aren't true to life when they purport it to be.

steam_mill

Chief Petty Officer

I've been watching CSI and spinoffs (Miami is my favourite, best cars!) for a while. <br /><br />It is entertainment!<br /><br />My wife used to be an ER psyche consult. Some of what happens on ER is realistic. Most of it is for the plot.<br /><br />I work for one of the largest police forces in North America (over 6000 officers). Our investigators don't where tank tops to investigate a bloated drown victim in a bathtub as was done on the original CSI.<br /><br />I enjoyed watching Marg and Jorja in tank tops collecting evidence.<br /><br />This would never happen in the real world.<br /><br />If you haven't figured it out, for the most part all TV shows including so called reality shows are synthetic and for pure entertainment. Enjoy the show for what it is worth.<br /><br />Joe

hayhauler

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My wife was a forensic chemist/crime scene analyst when we first married. A lot of the things that you see on the CSI shows would be unacceptable practices for a forensic chemeist or any kind of investigator. We watch them, we consider them good entertainment, they portray the science used in an entertaining fashion. Any jurors who would expect anything similar in a courtroom are living on a television show.<br /><br />There's a lot to be said for tank tops. I also like Marg (and red heads in general).

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

CSI is just a TV show. To entertain the public. This is how the TV station make their money. poeple like us watch them and then critic about it after. Do you really think that a crime can be solve in less than 60 minute? Unless you actually catch the person red-handed. Other than that it is purely TV show.