CSI shows-Rant!

D

DJ

I'm sick of the new CSI shows. Now, it appears that these shows are starting to effect juries.<br /><br />I have caught them in so many mistakes that I don't believe anything they say on the programs any longer.<br /><br />The biggest mistake, I heard, was they (CSI Miami) claimed , several times, that all VIN (vehicle identification numbers) are 16 digits.<br /><br />Sorry, they've been 17 digits since 1981. What idiots.

gaugeguy

Captain
Re: CSI shows-Rant!

Originally posted by DJ:<br />Sorry, they've been 17 digits since 1981. What idiots.
They probably said that because all the Vato-mobiles were mfg'd prior to 1981, after all it is Miami :D

eeboater

Commander

Come on DJ, I'm a CSI addict. :D Although, I will admit I won't touch CSI Miami with a 10 foot pole. Something about the whole having an orange tint bothers me.<br /><br />Where did you hear it is effecting juries? <br /><br />Its just a show.<br /><br />Sean

D

DJ

I'm also sick of the characters throwing in their little jabs at American industry.<br /><br />On one show, they berated a bus company owner for accepting low bid for fasteners (nuts and bolts). Why shouldn't the bus company owner believe they are grade eight if the markings say so? Oh no, greedy capitalist.<br /><br />Again, what idiots. Everything those government agencies use and drive is low bid.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Where in a crime scene investigation is an employee with long hair permitted to do her job without a hair net? And dressed like she was attending a dance club??? Get Real CSI

D

DJ

Where did you hear it is effecting juries?
60 Minutes, the other day. Not that 60 Ninutes is any paramount of truth. :rolleyes: <br /><br />It seems that juries are now asking for full blown CSi invetigations for everything. Whether it be a murder or a 7-11 hold up.<br /><br />I agree on CSI Miami. The guy that plays the lead investigator is the most arrogant/condescending SOB I've ever seen on a TV show. Well, save Jack Lord on Hawaii 5-0.

Laddies

Banned

I am sick of all the knock off CSI shows, but still watch the original. We could always watch Law and Order, some of the better shows the networks either drop or screw up the content of the programs so they kill the show

gaugeguy

Captain

I watch CSI (not the Miami version), because I find it entertaining. Not to mention I think Marg Helgenberg is the best looking red-head of all time. If I wanted to watch some pure science show, I'd check out something on the Discovery Channel or something like that (which I do often). It's kinda like watching Gilligan's Island. Everyone knows you can't make a radio out of a couple coconuts, bananas and papaya juice, but it's entertaining to watch them try to do it.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by gaugeguy:<br /> I watch CSI (not the Miami version), because I find it entertaining. Not to mention I think Marg Helgenberg is the best looking red-head of all time. If I wanted to watch some pure science show, I'd check out something on the Discovery Channel or something like that (which I do often). It's kinda like watching Gilligan's Island. Everyone knows you can't make a radio out of a couple coconuts, bananas and papaya juice, but it's entertaining to watch them try to do it.
Isn't that how Motorola got started?

D

DJ

Everyone knows you can't make a radio out of a couple coconuts, bananas and papaya juice,
The sad part is that many people think it CAN be done.

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by gaugeguy:<br /> I watch CSI (not the Miami version), because I find it entertaining. Not to mention I think Marg Helgenberg is the best looking red-head of all time.
:p Me likes Margy :p

Twidget

Commander

I work with a guy who thinks he is qualified for crime scene work because he has seen all the CSI shows. We have had (I wish we hadn't) long debates about the accuracy of anything you see on a TV series. Unlike my neighbor that thinks star wars is real, this guy seems pretty normal other that this. :rolleyes:

LubeDude

Admiral

Yes, they make mistakes all the time, but, Its just a TV show, made for intertainment. <br /><br />I like the NCIS show also, Great humor also.

D

DJ

Its just a TV show, made for intertainment
I know that, however there are too many people that believe everything they see. Not to mention making heroes out people (actors) that make a living out being somebody they're not.<br /><br />I always found it amazing that Congress would question actors on particular subjects. Remember Meryl Streep and Allar? <br /><br />Being an actor makes you an expert? Give me a break.

dolluper

Captain

They like em as governors in CA just because they have already been in the pub---lic eye or something, but any show is as good as there research staff which in alot of shows cases are people from the field they are trying to portray so if your not entertained by them there is a choice of all sorts out there but I'm sure if we put the glass on them all we would never be entertained again hoakie as some are

Twidget

Commander

I personally wish actors/actresses would keep their mouths shut about some things. They have their right to their opinion, but it really ruins their movies for me. <br /><br />After Samuel L Jackson made the comment that 9/11 was a 'regional' disaster, I cant bring myself to watch his movies. Which is a bummer, because I used to be a huge fan of his.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I never watched any "CSI" or other "Law-n-Order" spin-offs ,long enough to see the agenda behind it. This is due to the habit the director has of using hand-held cameras. The effect is absolutely nauseating , all the jerky motion,camera bouncing all over, zooming-in/out helter skelter....And to top it off, Sam Waterston (sp) as the target of the lens, who jerks around more than somone with a ligitimate physical nearve ailment!! And now, they are making investment commercials, using the same camera guy!! And who do they get as a spokesman? Sam Warerston!!!<br />You done got me all werked-up now. Where's the tylenol?

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

well the CSI stuff is the same as all the people that watch the delta force shows and such. its all make belive. it just does not happen that way in real life. I sometimes think our president and members of congress forget that.

SlowlySinking

Master Chief Petty Officer

Forget members of Congress, how about Dan Quayle who after watching America's Most Wanted said, "I don't know why they can't arrest those guys as they film the crimes." Helloooooooo, :eek: