Crow Hunting

dogsdad

Lieutenant
Re: Crow Hunting

If you have a nice, accurate .22 rifle, you might get away with popping just one to let lay for the others to see. A rifle in .22LR is relatively quiet and shouldn't draw a lot of attention due to noise.<br /><br />Too bad you're not somewhere that you can smoke 'em from 250 yards with a .222 Remington. That's fun!<br /><br /><br />-dd-

Link

Rear Admiral

1994lundminnow <br />I shouldn't try to help you after your reply to OBJs post! (Son moving out here) Telling everyone how great it is to live in the Greater Puget Sound Area.<br />Please, we rust and don't tan. Grey and overcast with rain 24/7! :D (standard reply from now on)<br />But at least you did tell the truth! :( <br /><br />Crows like many other birds mate for life. And even though I don't like this idea, shoot one and thier mate will look on it and go elsewhere.<br /><br />Use a BB or Pellet gun. Leagal within city limits! I do not like the killing of any animal without eating it. I have eaten both Robin and Crows breasts..both tastes like chickin! NOT!<br />Grouse tasted like chicken.. Robin and Crows tasted like crap!But since we were kids, we did it anyway!

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

Hey don't try to get rid of the crows, they are smart and constructive animals. Teach them to get your paper, clean up your yard etc. They could even walk your dog for you in the morning, saving you the time and risk of being dumped on.

suzuki115

Seaman

They are not protected in Washington State. From 2004 Hunting Pamphlet:<br /><br />Crow, no bag limit, statewide season Oct. 1, 2004 to Jan. 31, 2005. Crows in the act of depredation may be taken at any time.

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Many years ago when I was sapphire mining in Australia they had a fearful problem with the crows so a few of us made up a huge trap. It looked like a crayfish pot but with the openings towards the top. We baited it with meat and waited. Some days we caught 50 others a couple of hundred. After a couple of weeks they were all moving out. My friend had the job of removing them and he found the shotgun was the answer. After all the trap measured 30' x 10' and looked like a huge bird cage. He buried the buggars in his mine and they soon all went west!<br />He also taught me to call the crows, he would throw his head back and yell "Car" making it sound like "Karr" it would come out nasal as heck but the crows thought it was good and would fly down close to be shot with the shotgun. It was easy to learn. I also found that by calling them down and taking a shot with the slingshot they would learn to stay away from the land around his place.<br />Ross

John Carpenter

Petty Officer 1st Class

Comment from a local game warden regarding taking crows "out of season". "A crow is either going to or coming from having committed an act of depredation." Therefore it is always legal to shoot them...and that's the way we look at it here:)

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

Relentless, now that is too funny, I know some people like that...just a thought :D

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

We had a problem with crows where I used to werk. They liked to hang out in our equipment yard, and use the equipment seats for restrooms.<br />They tried noise, cats, clandestine bb guns, and nothing werked.<br />If you did kill one, the cats would eat them.<br />We got a 5lb bag of rice, and it killed a bunch of them. As long as a few dead ones were laying around, the rest roosted elsewhere.