Crosss along the roads!

LubeDude

Admiral
Re: Crosss along the roads!

Originally posted by Kenneth Brown:<br />It was my way of saying lighten up. He knows that, and that is what is important.
And that is just how I took it.<br /><br /> :D :D You even got a smile out of me. ;)

Realgun

Commander

Those darn things are like weeds here in New Mexico, where 1 can't go 20 feet between crosses or empty beer bottles/cans.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Well, if its your front yard that has a broken wooden cross in it for 3 years, its litter.<br /><br />IMO, 30 days, then get it outa there or get a fine for littering.

Kiwi Phil

Commander

They have them here too. Just a cross with a name. Maybe some flowers.<br />I like them as they make me think/concentrate on being a bit more careful.<br />Drove the road from Auckland to Hamilton (in NZ) on holiday 8 yrs back. They use big crosses there. Couldn't believe how many there were. On one corner there were crosses staggered all over the place, as in 6 or more. I took extra care on that road.<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

About 15 years ago a travel group was trying to get a national holiday started to honor our dead that died on our highways. That was one of the things they wanted to do was have people put up crosses where they lost their loved ones. Sorta like the flags on Memorial Day.<br /><br />Something like that might send a message to the younger generation on safer driving. I don't know what happened to the idea, but I would have been for it. We honor our military, presidents, and others. I don't see what it would hurt to honor the people that lost their lives on our own soil and roads. Can you imagine how many crosses that would be.<br /><br />We need another holiday, another day off work wouldn't upset me one bit.