Cricket Scores Australia V New Zealand

EFIS

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Cricket Scores Australia V New Zealand

Go Aussies!!<br /><br />Ross, even our bowlers are all rounders when playing you guys!!!!!<br /><br />Another 50 tommorow and then a nice declaration

EFIS

Seaman Apprentice

Originally posted by Greg New Zealand:<br /> The Aussies have big mouths and even bigger egos! :D <br />Look for the Kiwis to step up and throw in a surprise or two! :p
Yeah you showed us that today!!<br />Gee i hope there's not more of that tommorow or we'll be in trouble

Greg New Zealand

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Yep - very hard to watch us getting thrashed. <br /><br />More surprises than I expected from the umpires though and pretty hard to beat the No 1 team in the World when some crucial decisions are made the wrong way. One game to forget :(

Dunaruna

Admiral

Who would've thought the tailenders would put on such a show. Its only the first test - fat lady hasn't sung yet.<br /><br />Aldo

NYMINUTE

Captain

ESPN is missing another opportunity. Outback Steakhouse could sponser the telecast. Since the NHL (No Hockey League) shut down things are dull.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Like i said my money is on the aussies all the way,i won 500 bucks on the first test and i've got $800.00 on the adelaide test.<br />My tune will certainly change when the WestIndies and Pakistan get there.

orca

Chief Petty Officer

Elmer Fudge, Start counting the money. Here in Australia you can't even put on a bet for Australia to win. I have been an Australian fan for years (I was born a pom), since the days of Lillie and Thommo, however I do not enjoy a game where one side completly demolishes the other. I really cant see the Windies or Pakistan putting up a fight either, hope i'm wrong.

Dunaruna

Admiral

WestIndies & Pakistan are formidable foes when we play them on their home turf, their fans are extreme fanatics and can rattle the cage of visiting teams, but at home - no contest, especially at the MCG (Melbourne Cricket Ground) the mecca of cricket.<br /><br />Aldo

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

I never bet against the windies on the one day games it suits their style of play, when it comes to test matches that's whole new ball game ain't it?<br /><br /><br />i bet with folks that i know,the bookies don't really give you good odds,these dudes practically worship their cricketers and film celebrities in their homeland

orca

Chief Petty Officer

Dunarunna, The MCG might be the mecca of cricket but at this stage it looks like it would be a good spot to grow potatos. Will it be ready for boxing day?

Dunaruna

Admiral

Good question, the contractors say it will be ready. The government say it will be ready. The Melbourne Cricket Club say it will be ready.<br /><br />You know what I think - it won't be ready :eek: <br /><br />Aldo

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Maybe i ought to try and see into whether or not i can place a bet on the readiness of the MCG :D

Dunaruna

Admiral

It starts again today in Adelaide - expected top temp 38 deg C (104F). Hope you kiwis can handle the heat :cool: .<br /><br />Aldo

Kiwi Phil

Commander

How come Elmer Fudge knows so much about this game - especially as he comes from Texas.<br />Maybe he is another ex Pommy, (or maybe an Afrikander).<br />Cheers<br />Phillip :p :p

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Hi Kiwi Phil, I'm a British expatriate,i've been living in the USA for nearly 20 years, I try to keep up with as many of the great pastimes and customs of my youth ;)

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Well it appears that the Aussies will win the second test by an an inings and then some.<br />just my opinion, i'm not gloating or anything of the sort,i have a couple of Kiwi friends but they're rugby fanatics :) <br />England goes to Zimbabwe again :(

orca

Chief Petty Officer

G,day, It would appear that after only one days play the match is all but won, Maybee the Kiwis will put up a decent score but they still have to get the Aussies out!! My prediction Aussies will bat on and get 600 by tea today (sat). Bowl the Kiwis out twice, Game over by Lunch monday. <br />Elmer Fudge, bad news, it appears that the windies are only sending out a second stream team, contractural problems with the top players. Lara has decided to stay at home.

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Yes the Aussies are playing a great game of cricket. We don't give in and we battle till the last. We'll keep it up and keep getting better.<br />Don't count us out too quickly though, there's always a win just around the corner!<br />Ross

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Posted by whaley: Elmer Fudge, bad news, it appears that the windies are only sending out a second stream team, contractural problems with the top players. Lara has decided to stay at home.<br /><br />Yeah, thats too bad, it would've been great if they could've got their act together,now that they seem to have gotten a new manager who happens to be an Aussie :D

EFIS

Seaman Apprentice

Another day, another thrashing<br /><br />Its going to be 36 here again today....hate to be playing in this heat for 4 days.