Cricket Scores Australia V New Zealand

orca

Chief Petty Officer
G,Day. I know that the US media do not give the results of cricket matches so I am posting the score for you chaps who are thirsting for knowlege about the game of gentlemen.<br /> At the end of the first days play of the first test match the Kiwis have scored 250 runs and the aussies have taken 7 wickets <br />There, I bet you feel much better now that you know the score.

NYMINUTE

Captain
Re: Cricket Scores Australia V New Zealand

Finally I can sleep, Oh? I thought Cricket was Buddy Holly's Band! No that was Giget? No Wait. Widget. Never mind. Thanks whaley. :D

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

Thanks, one question......<br />who's winning?

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Thats the thing about cricket, you don't know whos winning till the end. The score could be 300 for 7 wickets but if the opposition get 301 then they win. Get them out for less or loose thats the game!<br />It takes a few days to play a game so it's a bit hard to describe but if you follow the game it is exciting and fun.<br />Ross

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

my money is on the aussies to win the series :)

ZooMbr

Petty Officer 1st Class

Cricket is a GREAT game! Got interested from watching on the Sat feeds. Love it!! I have told many friends I'd like to see Bonds try to hit one from a good 'spinner'. The sportsmanship in the game is great -- hope they don't lose it like our sports have. <br /><br />I like Aussie Rules Football too. But we need to get the UK playing real football!

Greg New Zealand

Petty Officer 3rd Class

The Aussies have big mouths and even bigger egos! :D <br />Look for the Kiwis to step up and throw in a surprise or two! :p

Dunaruna

Admiral

Hi Greg, err, BIG mouth here. Warny strikes again!! Game on!<br /><br />Mr.LF, the game at the moment is a traditional test match that usually lasts FIVE days. As Ross said its difficult to know who's winning so early in the match but I'll give you a tip if you promise not to tell anyone else - put your money on the Aussies :p <br /><br />Aldo

Greg New Zealand

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Hey Aldo<br /><br />Looks like our bowlers are throwing in a surprise with the bat!<br /><br />Jacob Oram reaches 125 runs!!! The score now 352 for 9 wickets. That's not bad. :D :p

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Oh you Kiwis, take the ashes to their new home already,they spent too much time in Australia.By the way,wake me up when you are done.

Dunaruna

Admiral

Originally posted by Greg New Zealand:<br /> <br />Jacob Oram reaches 125 runs!!! The score now 352 for 9 wickets. That's not bad. :D :p
I gotta admit thats not a bad knock but he's running out of partners.<br /><br />We might have to revive the underarm :eek: <br /><br />You can start mixing the humble pie but DON'T put it in the oven just yet ;) <br /><br />Aldo

orca

Chief Petty Officer

Sorry Rolmops, The ashes are only played for between Australia and England, For those of you that are waiting with baited breath for the score, half way through day 2 the Kiwis are all out for 356, Jacob Oran made a magnificant 126.

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

All out for 353. Not bad so far,.......<br /><br />This afternoon the Aussies have a chance to better that. I havn't yet seen a side that I'd giveup too early on, this game can go any way in a hurry........by the way hows the paint drying?......<br />Ross

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Are yall speaking english?<br /><br />I have always thought cricket was just a longer game of baseball. You get to drink beer for 3 days, instead of 3 hours.<br /><br />Ken

Dunaruna

Admiral

Originally posted by kenimpzoom:<br /> I have always thought cricket was just a longer game of baseball. You get to drink beer for 3 days, instead of 3 hours.<br />Ken
So whats your point? ;)

tylerin

Commander

PEANUTS!!!! get your PEANUTS here!!! :p

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

What's a wicket???? :confused: <br /><br />Hey! Peanut dude! Over here! :D

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

The excitement is mounting.... :D <br /><br />The wickets (also known as stumps) are the sticks behind the batsman. The bowler tries to hit them to get the batter out.<br /><br />Go Kiwis ! :D

orca

Chief Petty Officer

Methods of getting a batsman out<br />1. Bowled (bowler delivers ball, batsman misses, ball hits wicket)<br />2. Stumped (bowler delivers ball, batsman misses, ball misses wicket, wicket keeper gathers ball then removes bails before the batsman returns to crease)<br />3. Caught (bowler delivers ball, batsman hits ball, ball is caught by fielder before it hits the ground)<br />4. Run out. (bowler delivers ball, batsman hits ball, batsman goes for run to other end, fielder gathers ball and throws it at the stumps. ball hits the stumps before the batsman gets home.)<br />5. LBW. (bowler delivers ball, batsman misses ball, ball hits batsmans legs in front of stumps)<br />6. Mankad. (bowler makes to deliver ball the sees that the batsman at the bowlers end is out of his crease, bowler then takes off the bails at his end. largge argument ensues, batsman is out)<br />7. Hit wicket ( bowler delivers ball, batsman attempts to hit ball but either treads on his stumps or hits the stumps with his bat)<br />There, clear as mud. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Dunaruna

Admiral

Close of days play - 4 for 197. Snappin' at ya heels boys!<br /><br />Aldo