Crestliner owners

tpcowfish

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Crestliner owners

Well, Took the 1900 Super hawk out last evening, Rides extremely well, still some spray at times, wind was blowing offshore 15-25 mph,so it wasnt to rough in close, and the ten hr break-in on motor at diff. rpm's. is a little crazy but better safe than sorry. I like the depth, and room, but my fishhawk had side consaul left side more open, 1900 has full windshield, nice for spraybut, takes some fishing room. We limited out walleye fishing in Maumee bay(4fish limit), took a little longer than usually does 3 hrs, jiggin with wind sock, hard to drift slow in that wind. Got fish jizz, and blood and scales in her , she s broke in now for fish n,, now motor, lol, im happy tho quality seems good, rides good, still a little spray at times, the opti 150 didnt burn no gas, or oil at all, So good luck everyone , Happy boating Tim

witenite0560

Petty Officer 1st Class

Update: Sooo, I finally found the HIN on my 1959 Mandalay. Naturally, it was after I'd gone through all the hassles of taking it to DMV and getting a new/reassigned HIN. Fortunately, they used the same HIN as Montana had used, which ended up being the original, too. So, just for those who might be looking themselves, check on the starboard side, exterior of the hull, about 1" below the rubrail and about 1/3 of the way aft from the bow. Would have saved me $25 had I found it sooner. Oh well. ;-)

Attachments

• IMG_1497.jpg
    IMG_1497.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1498.jpg
    IMG_1498.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

tpcowfish

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Well, was out yesterday , winds strong out of east on Erie, waves built up 2-4s my guess, seemed a little bit bouncy ride to me , 1900 superhawk, may have been 2-3 footers hard to tell, they were close together. Seems bow is a little lite, wasn't cutting. more bouncing over, anyone had this, or am I asking to much from a 19.7 aluminum boat. Its great to fish outta, and extremely fuel efficient, just not sure about ride, didnt get wet cuz of windshield, but it was hard to see from the spray hitting it, need a wiper. Tried trimming up and down, seemed a little better trimmed down, but rpms went down too, any Ideals, or is that the norm, I upgraded to this boat from a 1850 fh, not sure if it was worth it now, except full windshield kept me drier, the boat felt very solid when it was hittin waves I will add tho, Thanks, Tim

Jordeez98

Seaman

I'm also now a Crestliner owner...If anyone wants to take a shot at guessing the year/model...go for it.

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=391427

Obviously this is a restoration project. There is a title for it that i'll be picking up in a few weeks. but i'm really dying to know the year/model so i can start searching which i have been doing already, from the little i know.

The boat sports a running Evinrude Triumph 60hp, i believe

Boatman1979

Cadet
Crestliner 1958-59-60 Mandalay owners

Crestliner 1958-59-60 Mandalay owners

I have the same questions you have. Where IS the Hull ID located as mine is missing as well?? I would like to see pictures of your Mandalay as I can send you some of mine. These do seem to be rare birds out there. I have seen 2 besides the one I have. Mine needs alot of work but it can be done.

-Nick
Hopkins, MN
feel free to e-mail me
nickoj1979@hotmail.com

Attachments

• IMG_0013.jpg
    IMG_0013.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 1

pmillar

Petty Officer 1st Class

That's a pretty cool looking boat. And based on the car in the background you like your vintage transportation.

WELLSLEY

Cadet

Nice boat. I ran mine up on a sandbar in the Hudson river this spring and it was laid up for 3 weeks.
006.jpg

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Nice boat. Just add water, huh??!!! Is that a 1650?

B Robinson

Cadet

I'm new here, but I really like my Crestliner a lot. I've got a 2000 Crestliner Tournament Series with a 150 Yamaha VMAX OX66. Got some work to do on the floors, but I can't complain too much.

rottenray

Cadet

I don't know if anyone is still reading this but I have a 196 Eagle SST that I love. The cabin is a bit small for my fat body but I knew that when I bought it. I put in new decking a couple of years ago and was surprised at the quaility of materials and the size of the stringers in the hull. I fish Lake Erie and Ontario quite alot and haven't felt uncomfortable yet in rough water. I am a fan of aluminum boats because of the ease of towing etc. :)

tpcowfish

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I don't know if anyone is still reading this but I have a 196 Eagle SST that I love. The cabin is a bit small for my fat body but I knew that when I bought it. I put in new decking a couple of years ago and was surprised at the quaility of materials and the size of the stringers in the hull. I fish Lake Erie and Ontario quite alot and haven't felt uncomfortable yet in rough water. I am a fan of aluminum boats because of the ease of towing etc. :)

Glad to hear from ya, Happy to hear ya like ur boat, I find the quality is great, very stable, but can get wet in some sea"s, from spray, and a bit bouncy, but like u said towing is easy, and have had no quality issues from 1st (2002 Fishhawk ) to the new 2009 super hawk. Good luck, I fish wester basin Erie mostly Tim

rottenray

Cadet

Hey the thread is still active! I built a hardtop for mine this winter and installed it in the spring. With the hardtop and as high as it sits it is pretty dry. I had a 19ft spectrum before this boat and got soaked alot in that especially quartering into 2 or 3 ft waves.
We fish eastern Erie out of Buffalo and Ontario usually out of Wilson but also like the Adirondaks which is where the lighter weight is handy! :)

MSGWiser

Recruit

Just bought a 1957 crestliner in excellent condition, but needs a little work any advice let me know:D

Jordeez98

Seaman

Well thought i was picking it up a while back, but didn't...But tonite i'm bringing it to the house. Right now i'm not sure of the year. But from my photos i have, I havent found ANY crestliner remotely close to the body style mine is..Tonite and this weekend, i'll hopefully get many close up detailed photos that i can share. and get the info and help i'll need...

I should be getting the title tonite as well...

*link in sig*

88phantom

Seaman

Just Checking in to the thread. Like my name says, I have a 1988 Nordic/Crestliner Phantom V170 17.5 inch boat. I have a repair thread in the restoration forum. We are enjoying our 17 footer in Oklahoma!

cool hand luke

Recruit

I just acquired a 1958 Crestliner Viking. Almost a storybook tale..

My friend D.O.D.accompanied me to look at a jon boat I had been told I might get a fair deal on.... the jon boat with 70hp engine, steering column, trolling motor, lifejackets, fishing poles, on a a trailer, the whole shibang...apparently the owner was liquidating his assets. Loooooooong story shorter...

The man would not entertain my offer due to taxes he still owed...when driving away my friend D.O.D says to me, "hey, now that I think about it, I have a boat in my garage I want out. If you help me clean my garage out you can have it for blah blah blah." I shelled out the dough and kept driving back to her house. ( she had recently purchased the house from her grandparents estate, and included was everything in the house and detached garage)
Got to the house and started removing everything, an old typewriter, books, tools, some enormous musical player...etc. and underneath it all was my new project, painted in cardinal baby blue and white. Sitting on a trailer with rotted tires. After a few more items removed around her we managed to turn around and pull from garage and she was magnificent! So, after I stopped drooling D.O.D and I kept cleaning and few minutes later I heard. "oh, here's a motor in the corner under these boxes>' Excitedly I lifted it up and took outside to give it a look. Never seen one of those. Recognized the Johnson but this thing was OLD looking...finished cleaning drank another beer and crashed on couch...

next day I took the wheels off and took into tire store and had them replaced not knowing what I was going to do with this boat once I hitched the trailer to my truck. (the spare never used was resting in the hull, rubber hairs still sticking out)...

Took it home, and let the rainstorm give her a rinsing while I took a closer look. "WOW" the plates on the trailer were dated 1965. pretty cool, that thing sat in the garage for 45 yrs! Then, I placed the motor on the boat, (after storm passed) opened the hood and "WOW" the johnson 15 hp guts were much better looking on the inside. Few scrapes and bruises on the cover but nothing major. Like brand new looking guts, even the spark plugs had never been fired. Fresh paint matching the exterior...This man, D.O.D.'s grandfather, had packed this boat the best anyone could with such pride! Even the trailer axle was packed with grease you could spin with your pinky finger!!

Maiden voyage next week when I can make the time to take my nephew out on the lake. Wish I had the capability to see from a distance this beautiful craft skimming across the lake as if time stood still for all these years just to make my life even more fullfilled. D.O.D will not go out on the boat, she was obvioulsy the one in mind but can't stand the water let alone boats.

Is this even possible? pinch me, I must be dreaming. Pics to come, museum quality 1958 Crestliner Viking with good ole Johnson guiding her along after resting in the garage for so long. The classic of all classics.

Sorry to ramble but I am REALLY excited!!

eric hall

Cadet

Iam not quite sure if this is working but here goes. I Live in the UK and have just found this site.I have a Crestliner Eagle 2160 which I bought about 5 years ago I live in the Midlands(which as the name says is in the Middle of the UK) just outside our second City, Birmingham. I use the Boat at Salcombe which is about a 3 or 4 hour drive away,so when I go down there I stay about a month. The boat is a 2001 called IDUNO,the reason for this is people kept asking what are you going to call it and said I duno they said thats a good name so it got christened. It has a 115 Suzuki outboard. I bought it at a good price,spray painted it(turned out ok). The engine looked good and I found it had only done about 50 hours or so.

heyyou325

Chief Petty Officer

Reading thru this tread, and I saw someone else built a hardtop. I have had a 61 16 ft aluminum Crestliner for about 14 yrs. Modified it a bit, The hardtop that lifts up was the coup de gras (or however you spell that) I think. This part of the forum is quiet. On Starcraft where I have another boat, it's real busy there.