Credit card signing

KRS

Banned
Re: Credit card signing

If you don't sign the card, then they can put THEIR signature on it and it will match each time perfectly! Not signing it is giving the bad guys more power than signing it.<br /><br />Sign it and then write ASK FOR ID on it.<br /><br />If the card company recovers your card (from a merchant) and the "bad guy" signed it (cuz you left it blank) and all of the fraudulent sales slips match the signature on the card (and it will cuz the bad guy signed it) they don't have to refund your money.... again, they don't have to refund your money.

Homerr

Commander

Another thing I started doing is to put a piece of clear tape across my signature.<br />I use my debit card so much, that it rubs the name off.<br /><br />Since I put a piece of tape on the signature, it doesn't rub away any more!<br /><br /><br />Thanks for the 'check ID' on the card... Good idea.<br /><br />H.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

The best advise is call the CC company/s and have a password put on it/them.<br />Have it set up for in store and online also.<br /><br />No one can use the card/s without it.