Crazy Neighbors !

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Crazy Neighbors !

We have a sign on the fence between ours and our neighbor's house, that says, "Don't Feed the Animals".

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I used to have some Vietnamese neighbors. A couple times a year, they would have huge parties on their deck and everyone would be drunk.<br /><br />Well, around 2 or 3 in the morning, the guitar would usually come out and they would start singing country music songs. <br /><br />Typically, I'd be pretty angry about drunk people making a lot of noise at 3 in the morning, but if you've ever heard someone singing country music with a vietnamese accent, you'd probably just laugh and go back to sleep also. :)

Twidget

Commander

Jsfinn, it probably sounds about like Koreans singing Hotel California. :) <br /><br />My wacky neighbor is really into appearances, well sort of. He has repainted the inside of his 3 year old house, it is now the house of many colors. He keeps his front yard well maintained, but dont look at the side yards or the back yard. He has old oil, body panels from his car and the trash his kids wont throw in the trash can there.

Stratosfied

Ensign

The Neighborhood kids just came by and said they need ten adults to sing the National Anthem on video for an extra grade. I sent them away but they came back. I sang a few verses as did some of the other neighbors.<br /><br />I have very wonderful neighbors but sometimes the kids get a little 'bored' :cool:

Straightup

Petty Officer 1st Class

What a great thread. This has had me in tears :D :D <br /><br />Don't know if this is funny or really disgusting but it is so bad I'm not going into detail. Lets just say it had something to do with how they fertilized their garden :rolleyes: :mad: :mad: <br /><br />Thank God I only saw it once, but wouldn't you know I had company over that day. Every once in a while when we see them (the company) they say, "remember your neighbors..."<br /><br />Fortunately that was a long time ago and there has been a house built over the old garden now..

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

I have two stories from when I was still single and living in an apartment in Fresno:<br />1. my Mom was up visiting me for 2 weeks. My black neighbor,Cleon, would get visits from these older nice dressed ladies on Sundays. Mom and I thought it was like a lunch thing after church. 2 weeks later we don't see Cleon anymore. Found out he was arrested for selling Crack. Mom and I laughed and still laugh about that one. These dressed up black ladies in their pretty dresses coming over for a dose. <br />2. Same apartment same visit with Mom: Two of these teen kids, one lived across the way and the other the son of landlord who lived in complex. Anyway, these two boys got ahold of some gunpowder. They decided it would be fun to light the stuff on fire. Mom and I are watching out my front door. One of them singed their eyebrows from it. <br />Mom and I still laugh about that visit. Boy did she get an eye full that trip. Many strange things happened in those apartments,but you know I never felt in any danger. Just people that were self destructive. Pretty much left me alone unless they came looking to bum a cigarette,which wasn't likely since I didn't smoke. Strange place. Just alot of messed up people.<br />Bassy

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

My neighbour hates trees (especially big trees), so he has no trees at all - he says they devalue your property...he wants me to get rid of mine...I think he's living in the wrong country... :rolleyes:

TilliamWe

Banned

Kiwi, does he want to move next door to me in Peoria? I too hate trees in my yard! I have none, the neighbor on one side has none... now if your neighbor bought the house on the other side & cut down a few, we'd all be happy!

TexomaAv8r

Petty Officer 1st Class

Tweaker tales....I had a neighbor lady that like to take in strays..stray men ussualy and do a little meth. <br /><br />One day they spent an entire afternoon and into the night staring at the place where all the phone lines enter the building, they managed to disconnect most of the buildings phone lines trying to "fix' theirs.<br /><br />She also managed to con the landlord into letting her "remodel" to reduce rent and even got him to give her money for paint. The rest of us tried to warn him but he kept syaing she was just a kind hearted lady blah blah..<br /><br />Anyway an unbeliveable amount of debris began to accumulate infront of her 500 sf apartment..bags and bags of trash, lumber, furniture etc..all the while assorted men staying there and cats...<br />she finaly dissappered in the night and I got to see her apartment.....<br />she managed to scrape up every inch of tile and wall paper, tore down paneling, exposed pipes and ripped up carpet..no sign of fresh paint or new construction, just drug induced "busyness"<br /><br />Of course I kept up with the local gossip by the neighborhood "crimewatch" a self proclaimed shoplifter who deals a little pot on the side and ducks when police are near by since she has warrants out. She likes to befriend everyone then talk about them behind their back.<br />She is proiud of her newly married daughter and especialy likes to brag about how drunk she got at her daughters wedding and stole paintings off the wall of the chappel. offered my 20 yo neighbor and all arround good person a fake id to take her clubbing so she could have a "revenge affair" on her husband who aledgedly cheated on her with a woman who had all her teeth......meanwhile ignoring the random series of men who show up as soon as he leaves for work, since she wont work.<br /><br />But maybe its me

TexomaAv8r

Petty Officer 1st Class

Then there is aprtment A..nice guy but a little "throwed off" as we say. Three time aproached me when I was working on my boat with the same question; "fixin it up to sell or just to fix"..eaach time with the same answer.just fixing it up.<br />Came home really excited, he won some sort of light saber and Darth Vader helmet..he is about 25 btw...<br />then traded it for some bizarr collection of BB guns, that fire little rubber pellets, one is fully automatic and a nice rifle, some pistols, kinda cool I admit but after showing me all this he says.."wanna play with me sometime?"<br /><br />A few days later some Mormons were making a call on someone else, he spots them and drags his little arsenal out and shows these well dressed polite and somewhat uptight missionariies and ask them...."you guys wanna play with me sometime?"<br /><br />They manage to avoid the answer and left without testifying to him or ever coming back.<br /><br />He later says "Its sure hard to find people to play with arround here" <br /><br />he's from Arkansas

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I'm the crazy neighbor !!!<br />Got a new 55 gallon barrel to use for burning yard waste.<br />Didn't have any vent holes in it to let the fire breath, hmmmm.<br />Layed it on its side and fired 28 9mm rounds into it on an angle.<br />They made nice big oval holes on the sides and cute little round ones in the bottom.<br />Fire burns well in it.

brother chris

Commander

We are the crazy neighbors in our hood. <br />Hello potato guns, dirt bikes and 20ft blazing fires until 3am. <br />And I live in a trailer. My buddy lives in a barn. And my other buddy lives below his ex(who is now a lesbian).<br />Boy, we are the crazies!

QC

Supreme Mariner

I posted this on a pet thread a few weeks back. I got no reaction, so I'm gonna give it another whirl. I still think it's funny.<br /><br />Our Yellow Lab likes to poop up on top of things. I swear if I had a year I could teach him to use a toilet. Anyway, I have watched him go up to the end of our street and poop on top of a hedge at a neighbor's house. We're friendly with this neighbor, but she hates the woman next door. So she's telling me more about why she can't stand this other lady and says "ya know, this is getting so bad that she is taking a shovel and putting her dog's poop on my hedge". I just couldn't bring myself to tell her. Let the two Mrs. Cravitzes figure it out . . .

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by Mr.Ladyfish:<br /> I decided to fight fire with fire. I had a bunch of 2" pipe left over from something and decided I would make my own set of chimes for LF. I built mine with the longest tube being 8 foot long. The damm things weighed a ton and I suspended them from the deck with 1/4" SS cable. When the wind blew it sounded like Big Ben going off at our house. You could hear those things from a block away. :D
Mr. LF,<br />That is hysterical! I truly laughed out loud as I can picture, or, more accurately, hear those things clangin and bangin away! Nice job, very nice job! :D

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

I decided to fight fire with fire. I had a bunch of 2" pipe left over from something and decided I would make my own set of chimes for LF. I built mine with the longest tube being 8 foot long. The damm things weighed a ton and I suspended them from the deck with 1/4" SS cable. When the wind blew it sounded like Big Ben going off at our house. You could hear those things from a block away.
Yup....MR. LF may be from way up in YANKEE land, but you can tell he's been down here long enough to let the redneck set in! Way to go Rod, that makes me proud :D

aspeck

Staff member

Crazy???? Watch this! <br />... Yea, guess we are the crazies, too - but it sure makes life interesting!

tomatolord

Chief Petty Officer

ya got nothing on my neighbors...<br /><br />He built a concrete geodesic dome that needed to have shingles on it but does not...so he has put 12 coats of elatomeric on it and it still leaks...the basement has black walls from the constant moisture his windows have been replaced twice - they rot out from sitting on wet concrete and the house is 8 years old...<br /><br />He bet his 17 year old daughter $50 that she would have an accident in the SUV he bought her within a month, which she did have an accident only because the front left tire had a leak and he told her to put 80lbs of air in it to last a week at a time. Then he was mad because she would not pay him when she did hit the guardrail when that tire did finally blow out...<br /><br />OH and the boat trailer story, since this is a boating forum...he comes home and the boat is not on the trailer correctly (19ft grady white with a 150hp johnson)...tells me that on his way home from VA beach (about a 200 mile trip) he feels a wobble on the trailer, pulls over and sees that the tread is seperating from the trailer tire, but since he does not have a spare and it is late sunday night decides to keep driving.... turns out that if he drives 60 he has the wobble but if he speeds UP to 80 no wobble!! Who knew??? But then when he hits the bridges the trailer bounces UP "just a little" which is why the boat is on crooked....<br /><br />lets see then there was the <br /><br />pulling his kids around in the snow with them holding on to the hitch of his truck<br />or<br />bringing over freezer burned steak that smelled like fish to toss on the grill<br />or<br />them buying a go cart for their kid so he can drive around at night with it <br />or<br />them feeling sad when the coon tree in the back yard fell down and the coons had no where to live<br />or<br />the time he was telling neighbors that he would really feel bad if something happen to his kid but that he wanted his kid to have freedom - we live on a small 15 acre lake and the one neighbor was telling him that his 8 year old kid was out on the lake by himself with no life preserver and jumping up and down on a boat in the middle of the lake...<br />or<br />or<br />or<br /><br />The final straw came about 2 years ago when his son 10 punched my son 5 when I had gone inside - he was trying to tell me that my son had "attacked" his kid and he had told his son to retaliate and to not let other kids attack him. I had gone over to talk to him about the incident but when he made that comment I realized that distance is the safest answer.<br /><br />The hardest thing is to keep a straight face and not laugh or react in anger to any of the situations they cause.<br /><br /><br />He has since moved out and it is just the mom and the 13 year old son now living there...the 13 year old wants to start playing again with my 8 year old as every parent in the hood has kicked him out and he is home alone till about 11 at night and most weekends as them mom works 2 jobs...<br /><br />good post though!

ndemge

Commander

luckily my neighbors have become acustom to hearing booms at any time, and the ocasional 80' tall fireball raising in the sky