Crazy Neighbors !

LadyFish

Admiral
The local radio station is having listeners call in with crazy things their neighbors have done. It's histerical.<br /><br />Do any of y'all have any crazy neighbors and funny stories you can share about them?

sangerwaker

Commander
Re: Crazy Neighbors !

My mom recently had her new neighbor ask her to take down her wind chimes. He claimed they disturbed his sleep on windy nights. I thought that was a little crazy. She only had 1 small set.<br /><br />My neighbors are great. No funny stories there. We all get along great.

90skichallenger

Petty Officer 1st Class

I had a neighbor once that practiced wiccan. We drove home on night (live in rural area) and she and some of her people were dancing naked around a tree. I went in and got my camera and got some of it on tape.

ehenry

Commander

A friend of mine's neighbor came to him all mad one night because my buddies dog had killed two rabbits that were in a pen. He said that my buddy owed him $800 for the two rabbits and told him he'd take him to court and sue him, which he did. My buddy asked a mutual friend who was an attorney if he'd defend him and the attorney said he would be it'd cost him more than the $800 he's being sued for.<br /><br />Court day rolls around and they all show up for court. The neighbor had an attorney and pictures of the dog in his yard eyeing the rabbits. He also had close up picture of the cage that the rabbits were in which had a one and half inch mesh wire floor. (Now, everyone knows that a rabbits foot isnt nearly that big.) The judge asked the plaintiff if the pen was still that way and he told him no that it wasn't because thats how the dog got the rabbits....when their feet went through the inch and a half holes in the wire the dog grabbed them so he put smaller mesh rabbit wire in the bottom so it wouldnt happen any more. The judge told the plaintiff that it wasn't very smart of him to have a floor in a rabbit cage with holes that big in it and that he didnt deserve anything...HOWEVER, the judge said Madison county has a leash law and my buddy's dog was running loose and my buddy did owe him for the cost of the rabbits which the judge set at $200.<br /><br />My buddy sent the neighbor a $200 check in mail along with a $1600 invoice for the installation of his sewer system.<br /><br />My buddy owns a company that installs septic systems, does dirt work and such. He had installed this guys septic system for free because they knew one another and WERE friends.<br /><br />I wonder if that neighbor still thinks those rabbits are worth $800?

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

My neighbors think that i'm crazy, i think that they're really odd folks, if they turn out to be aliens it would'nt surprise me a bit.

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

I'm married to LF. I think we're the "crazy neighbors" on our street. Especially on Bunko nights.

one more cast

Captain

Our neighbor is poster happy. She has posted signs every where. She owns around 100 acres and walks the boundries several times a year to check and date her posters. She is also always fighting the town about something. She has a $12000 solid pine fence in front of her barn so her (2 or 3)horses don't have to see the cars go by and even that has posted signs every 15 feet.

TilliamWe

Banned

Had a neighbor in Ohio that was cheating on his wife, and the girlfriend was a little unstable. She basically Glenn Close'd him, she left a dead rabbit in their driveway.<br />Same neighbors... eventually lost the house, it was sold at sheriff's auction to my classmate's parents. But my neighbors wouldn;t move out. Classmate's parents wanted to rent our house (vacant & for sale at the time), so they could spy on the neighbors & try to get them to move out. Weird stuff!

D

DJ

My neighbors like to walk around the back yard-in the buff.<br /><br />They are also Buddhists.<br /><br />We call them the "nudie budies".

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

I'm the "semi-normal" one in my hood... :D <br /><br />I had at least 3 families living in the house across the street, all at the same time... The family that actuall worked, lived there for a few months and got tired of the welfare momma turning tricks, selling drugs, and running a day care house, so they spilt... 15-20 cars stopped by, on a lite day, parking on, tearing up, and getting stuck in my tree lawn.... Now, the "owner" of the house moved back in and he cusses me in broken english on a daily basis because he blames me for all his problems with the city code enforcement weenies and the police... <br /><br />Hey, I was'nt the one renting out too three familys in an area zoned for single family ONLY, not to mention the welfare-crack-hoe-momma...<br /><br />Then there's the other ones.... <br />Next door I have momma, daddy and the gangsta-thief... All to sorry to get jobs... They live on the Government check... The thief's been in and outta jail more times than I can count.. The thief and his buddys broke a $300.00 drivers side window on my truck and ripped out half the dash for a $1.98 broken cd player... I squared him away and told him if ANYTHING else came up missing around my place, he and his daddy were gonna be on the recieving end of the worst *** kicking he could imagine.. (no more crap outta him)... He (the thief) has two illigetimate (BASSTURD) kids, and up till a few weeks ago the thief was running a full on auto repair service out in the front yard... <br /><br />The thief moved out a few weeks ago, and shacked up with his "girlfriend"... :rolleyes: Good riddence.... <br /><br />All would be quiet in my hood since the thief and his auto repair service are gone, except for Ricky Recardo's club baba-lou 24/7 LOUD party house at 905 bunker... Cops are gonna shut that one down and cite em' for noise orinance violation this weekend, so says the Police Captain... ;) ($100 fine for first offense.. $500 ever offense thereafter)<br /><br />Aside from the three I mentioned, the rest of my neighbors are nice normal hard working or retired folks, and we get along fine.... :)

notinbig

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sanger thats funny. My neighbor has two huge wind chimes and when it's windy it sounds like to f***ing gong show over there. I have not asked them to move them yet, YET. They are very annoying when trying to nap or sleep with the windows open.

LadyFish

Admiral

Yikes, Snap! :eek: Somehow I knew you'd have a story or two. :D

keelhauled

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My neighbor at my parents was installing downspouts... and ran out of perforated PVC pipe. So, he took some solid PVC, and his pistol, and went rambo on the pipe! Shot it full of holes.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br />Do any of y'all have any crazy neighbors and funny stories you can share about them?
OMG!!! LF, I can't believe you brought this subject up.<br />Wait till RyanT see's this, he will have stories to tell I'm sure. :D

PW2

Commander

I recall years ago when I was a graveyard shift foreman, I often had trouble sleeping at night on my off nights.<br /><br />One night I decided to go out to my shop and finish rebuilding a chainsaw I was working on. Well, it was about 3 AM when I got that thing back together--and what do you do when finished working on an engine? Well, you start it up, of course. And since a chainsaw is not worth much unless it cuts wood, you have to try it out with a few logs...<br /><br />And my shop was located just a few feet from my neighbor's bedroom window.<br /><br />I would have never believed any one person had the lung capacity to drown out that newly repaired chainsaw, but she did. And with a pretty colorful string of adjectives.

Ralph 123

Captain

I grew up in Boston proper (one of the neighborhoods) where you live side by side and on top of each other in the infamous "triple decker." Basically, all the neighbors were crazy!<br /><br /><br />On a lighter note, two doors down was the Arab named Mitchell who could barely speak English. He had a short wave radio to talk to the Peeps back in the old country. Well he must have had a 10,000 watt transmitter because at night, between the planes landing at Logan which shook the house, all you'd hear over your TV was Mitchell yelling in Arabic to his peeps. The whole neighborhood wanted to kill him. The signal was so strong it swamped every channel (these were the days before cable). I don't think I saw a single show uninterrupted growing up as a kid. I think the FAA finally pulled the plug on him because he was interfering with tower communications at Logan :) <br /><br />Despite living in cold Boston, Mitchell dressed like he was in Saudi Arabia most of the time, sandals and the whole bit. He rode a bike everywhere he went. I guess he never learned to drive. He was riding that bike well into his 80s. He never held a job that I know of. I still wonder who he was back home... He used to come out and yell at me when I played ball next to his house. There could be a hundred kids and he'd yell my name "Ralphy why you do that..why Ralphy why" in broken English. It was funny as heck.<br /><br />Then on that same side street (about as wide as a car also lined with triple decker's - a great street to play ball on) there was a crazy Italian woman who also used to yell at us for playing ball. She didn't speak a word of English so she always swore at us in Italian. I spoke a little Italian so I always had a sense of what she was saying. Then she'd wait till we were near her window and she'd throw hot water at as from the 2nd floor. I got back at her by marrying her granddaughter. I hope my wife doesn't throw hot water on kids when she gets old :) <br /><br />There are so many more stories you wouldn't believe it. What characters I grew up around...<br /><br />Now I live in the quiet suburbs and it's been decades since I've been shot or had a credible threat on my life :) The most exciting thing that happened was a drunk hit a car parked in the street at 3am and sent it 3 houses down. People here park in the driveway or the garage so the parked car snuck up on the drunk I guess. The police and fire dept showed up and didn't even put on their sirens because they didn't want to wake the neighborhood!

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

The windchimes reminded me of an incident a few years ago. We had a couple move in across the canal from us and got to be pretty good friends. They were about our age and enjoyed basically the same lifestyle. One day Mike bought Lynn a set of wind chimes. They were about 3 foot long and sounded just beautiful. The only problem was they were loud and we have a pretty constant breeze off of the Gulf. Those damm chimes got real annoying at 3:00 AM. Since we were friends and didn't want to start problems I decided to fight fire with fire. I had a bunch of 2" pipe left over from something and decided I would make my own set of chimes for LF. I built mine with the longest tube being 8 foot long. The damm things weighed a ton and I suspended them from the deck with 1/4" SS cable. When the wind blew it sounded like Big Ben going off at our house. You could hear those things from a block away. After a couple of days Mike took his down and there were no more problems with wind chimes. :D

carrotsnapper

Petty Officer 1st Class

My cousin is not my neighbor thank goodness. But he is someone's I'm sorry to say. He is a habitual criminal and has spent more years in the cross-bar hotel than I can count. He's about 60 and the idiot never grew up. Been doing drugs all his life. He's out now and I'm amazed he's still alive. m.

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Saw a small covered truck pull up outside the neighbours house, truck driver walks to the front door, knocks then wanders around to the back door. He leaves.<br />30 minutes later there's the truck parked accross the driveway and the driver is nowhere to be seen. I wander down to the back of my section and lo and behold the bathroom window is open with a towel hanging over the windowsil. No sign of life and the rest of the house is locked up as it always is since the owners are at work. <br />OK thinks I, there's a thief in the property, called the police on the 111 line and since they have a "burglar on" situation they throw everything at it. Great, there's a helocopter in the sky, dogs front and back and about a dozen policemen surrounding the house. Bang in goes the back door and police pour into the place, only to retreat just as fast, pack up and leave. I wondered over and asked one of them what happened and was told they'd just interrupted the wife being unfaithful with the driver on the lounge floor!<br />The family moved out within three weeks, everybody knew what'd happened after that one!!<br />Ross