Crashed

Stumpknocker

Senior Chief Petty Officer
as if it will be hard....!!! :p LOL!!<br /><br />Overhead today at 5pm..... I thought something sounded rather royal/regal/awesome.. looked up and couldn't believe it. Snapped this with a 300MM lens. Headed to Kissimmee I think.<br /><br />Watch out Schooch_2!

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Crashed

Originally posted by Gil009:<br /> How did you get that photo here...SBN!!???
I just right clicked the little red x and got it's properties is all.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by Gil009:<br /> as if it will be hard....!!! :p LOL!!<br /><br />Overhead today at 5pm..... I thought something sounded rather royal/regal/awesome overhead... looked up and couldn't believe it. Snapped this with a 300MM lens. Headed to Kissimmee I think.<br /><br />Watch out Schooch_2! <br />
DSC_0013a11.jpg
And if you notice, you have a space after the jpg and the closing [/img] brackett.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

It's a Boeing B-17G Flying Fortress. In a near flyby, the sound of those four engines is awesome. Saw one a few years back, at a local airshow, doing a low pass with a pair of P-51's in formation.<br /><br />It's hard to imagine the sky just blacked out with them as in their heyday.

JB

Boeing B-17F<br /><br />The "chin" turret was the signature of the "F".

Stumpknocker

Thanks,SBN. I have not posted a picture in a short while, I guess I forgot how. Getting there.<br /><br />I can't imagine hundreds of those birds in the same formation... must have been mind bending.... especially from the wrong countryside.

tomatolord

Chief Petty Officer

I dont know which is worse...<br /><br />Stealth fighters - where you dont hear a darn thing till its raining bombs around you<br /><br />or<br /><br />the roaring thunder of approaching doom.....<br /><br />I remember during the 1st gulf war I was driving down I95 here in NC and I hear a sound and got louder and louder then 4 f15s roared overhead<br /><br />My only thought was GEE if I was in Iraq and heard that sound and was in my car I would simple stop the car get out and pray to my god as it was all over..

Stumpknocker

Ha ha..... brought back memories tomatolord! <br /><br />I was driving in Yuma, AZ and three of those Jump Jets... brain dead at the moment for the name of them.... Arnold did a movie with them..... went screaming about 100 feet over my head at a fairly fast clip. They are so LOUD. I was driving along the edge of the Marine Air Base so they were close to the runway. I thought I would die it scared me so bad.... I was shaking for 15 minutes. HARRIERS! There my brain just turned back on. Anyway..... I know just what you are talking about. WHEW!!

tomatolord

Chief Petty Officer

Yep I was playing golf near and air base one time and was in the middle of the fairway when I head a roar and right over the trees up came a harrier...<br /><br />I thought if this was a war I would now be dead.<br /><br />Ya know I bet if ya took some of these small spy planes and just PLAYED

tomatolord

Chief Petty Officer

sorry it post accidently<br /><br />played the sound of jets coming over that would cause the SOBS to just panic in fear...<br /><br />then play the sound of one crashing...they would look for weeks!!

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Great photos!<br /><br />Bob

SpinnerBait_Nut

Hey Gil, take this, http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/Icebreaker9/DSC_0013a11.jpg[/IMG] off the top of your first picture.