Craning Strap Position

Catnip2

Recruit
I have a 2000 Trophy 2352 hardtop. It has always been stored on a trailer. This year I plan to have it lifted and stored on a cradle. I am looking for information on proper position of the lifting straps. I contacted Bayliner with no luck. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
What’s the issue with storing it on the trailer? And the people figging the straps will know where to put them also. We do it all the time. Look for the bulkheads, that’s where you want to be but the cradle pads like to be on the bulkheads. Some boats have a sling mark from factory up by the rubrail, hard to see but they are there as a dot or line. Not all have them till we apply our own.

Catnip2

Recruit
What’s the issue with storing it on the trailer? And the people figging the straps will know where to put them also. We do it all the time. Look for the bulkheads, that’s where you want to be but the cradle pads like to be on the bulkheads. Some boats have a sling mark from factory up by the rubrail, hard to see but they are there as a dot or line. Not all have them till we apply our own.
Trailer takes maintenance and more room in the club yard. Up to now, I stored the boat remotely so space was not an issue. Our club hires cranes and crane operators. Members do all the rest. In order to avoid club liability for boat damage, the owner is required to mark the sling positions. I will go with the bulkheads if there is no other information.