cottage names

FSHKPR

Ensign
well we have been thinking of what to name our cottage. anybody have any good ideas? what are some names you guys have or have seen for cottages in your area? we would like something that gives the impression of fun and relaxing. been trying to find a indian translation to fun place, or a place where friends meet. or something on those lines. any ideas?

one more cast

Captain
Re: cottage names

A picture would sure help. We have a lot of hunting camps around here with fitting names and if you seen some of them you would sure get a chuckle out of it.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Why copy someone else's name? Why not be original?<br /><br />Some names that I considered before nameing my home The Hideout were:<br /><br />Nirvana<br />Sanctum<br />O-ona-gazhee (Lakota: A sheltering place)<br /><br />Good luck. :)

Bob in Calif.

Senior Chief Petty Officer

How about "Hilly Billy Heaven"<br /><br />or....... "My Other Woody"<br /><br />or....... "Knot Home"..............<br /><br />...Bob in Calif...

LadyFish

Admiral

We're gonna need to know about you and your family and what you do up there in order to come up with a neat name.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br /> We're gonna need to know about you and your family and what you do up there in order to come up with a neat name.
Of course, just the publicly releasable stuff. This is a family site. :D <br /><br />AK Chappy

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Sleepy Hollow

rolmops

Vice Admiral

"Irondequoit", Seneca for "where the land meets the water".

FSHKPR

Ensign

thanks everyone for your input, as far as family goes it is just me and my wife. kids will be visiting ocasionally, my dad will be parking his camper on the back acre so he will be around alot. various friends and other family members will be spending weekends up there with us. mainly what we do up there is go fishing, sit around the fire and chat with the neibors that stop by or the company that is staying with us. generally just relax by night and enjoy the water by day. the place is not right on the water. boat landing is about a 5 minute walk away.<br /><br />
Originally posted by JB:<br /> Why copy someone else's name? Why not be original?
would love something original and different and unique, unfortunatly we are not the most creative with words. thats why i asked for help. <br />thanks again everyone

cjones4@hvc.rr.com

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Fortress of Solitude<br /><br /><br />Carved into the rock face of an ice-covered mountain not far from the North Pole, lies Superman Fortress of Solitude, a secret and solitary home where Superman can relax, perform scientific experiments, and escape, if only temporarily, the demands and distractions of the everyday world.