cottage names

LadyFish

Admiral
Re: cottage names

Journey's End<br /><br />Thistle Do<br /><br />Do-Duck-Inn<br /><br />Lazy Oaks<br /><br />Crazy Oaks<br /><br />Nestlin Inn<br /><br />Underwood<br /><br />Casa (means house of) and your first or last name

tomatolord

Chief Petty Officer

My dads cabin started out as "the promised land" because he was always promising a place for us to have a cabin on the lake.<br /><br />Now it is just "the land"<br /><br />It is up on Duck harbor pond in NE pa

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

we just call it "The Shak"<br />
shk.jpg

D

DJ

"Shangri La"<br /><br />"Paradise"<br /><br />"The Place"<br /><br />"Redneck Riveria"<br /><br />"Hillbilly Hilton"<br /><br />"For Seasons" (Purposely mispelled)<br /><br />"Wal Mart Astoria"

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander

There are somw weird people on this forum and I'm one of them.Many cottages in my area are named in relation to their proximity to Point Clear on Mobile Bay. eg: "Past the Point", "Point Blank", "Missed the Point" etc. Having been educated as an engineer, mine is named "Pi'. That's right- It's 3.4 miles from Point Clear. Only one person has ever guessed what it meant without being told. Yeah, another wacko. Try to think up something weird. It keeps life interesting.

Bondo

Staff member

I bought a place up on Lake Bonaparte, in 1983,......<br />I found a sign stuffed into the rafters,..... "Camp Echo".....<br />Probably named for the 4 sided echo from the dock to the High Rocks..........<br /><br />Anyway,..........<br /><br />It's been "Bondo Bay" ever since................. ;) <br /><br />Sometimes it takes Time to find a name,..... Other times it's Just There...... You'll Find It.....

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Ours is "Snowshoe Lodge"!!!! With 4' of snow on the ground at the moment the name is appropriate ;) :cool:

FSHKPR

Ensign

Just wanted to thank everyone again for thier input. there are some pretty good names mentioned above. and we are still looking. we are tossing a couple ideas around but i think we will wait a bit and see if something else comes up. was thinking of "parkyercarcasses" or <br />"weekimah wiijiiwaagan" means welcome friends in ojibwe. "duhmin mtigwahkeeing" means to play in the woods. still not sure what we want but its fun hearing some of the other names people have chosen. thanks again