Coolers????????

ebbtide176

Commander
Re: Coolers????????

i have had pretty bad luck with diff brand coolers also. out of the 4 or 5 i have, the oldest, most neglected, broken, faded, handle missing, top cracked out in pieces - still keeps ice as long as the newer ones - its an old pink igloo.<br /><br />it used to be red with white top. i didn't realize how good it would be when i bought it at a drug store for $20 @ 20yrs ago. it stayed tied in the back of my pickup for keeping newspaper dry when i ran my routes in S GA for 3yrs, got used for boat seat, step stool, toolchest, tacklebox, baitwell, and icebox :D

rolmops

Vice Admiral

I used to have a five day cooler(70 quarts)and it seemed to be all I ever wanted.Then last year my daughter gave me a portable cooler shaped refrigerator that works on 12 and 110. Just plug it in the car, boat or camping site.What you loose in volume because of the refrigerator element is comparable to the space you would need for ice in an ordinary cooler and best of all,there is no problem with melt water.

18rabbit

Captain

Pointer – you’re really handy…take some leftovers…plywood, foam, fiberglass…make your own!!! You’ll get a custom shape, size, fit, color…make it match the boat. You can build one that is better insulated than anything you can buy. :)

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Aldo,<br /><br />I contacted Tropical coolers and due to the overwhelming demand for their product in Australia, they have none to export to the states. But they did answer my e-mail in quick order. Perhaps I could get a licence to manufacture here in the states????? :) <br /><br />Rabbit,<br /><br />Build a cooler? From wood? and Nails? It would look like the wooden Hummer on the commercial.. :p Besides it is summer and time to enjoy the fruits of our winter labors not instigate new ones. ;)

Dunaruna

Admiral

Pointer,<br /><br /> they are a bit slow up in Caloundra (I think theres a leak in the gene pool). God forbid that they increase production and sell their products overseas, don't want to make too much money.<br /><br />All the hardware,camping, marine stores are always running out of stock around here.<br /><br />Good cooler, very basic design with premium quality parts, more suited to a compressor fridge (maybe thats next).<br /><br />Maybe i-boats can make a deal with them seeing as we nearly have a new free trade agreement.<br /><br />I'll take my 10% commission in AUD thanks.<br /><br />Aldo

18rabbit

Captain

It would look like the wooden Hummer on the commercial..
What?!?!? So you would rather have one of those Aussie-made pink ammo-can looking things??? :D