Commander
Re: Cooking.....Ever take a class?

Growing stuff is she, Mr LadyFish???

LadyFish

Admiral

Whats a petrie??
7.gif
<br /><br />I'm startin to feel like a long tailed cat in a room full of rockin chairs. <br /><br />Oh BTW, I'll jump right on it Mr. LF after I feed you tonight's supper, it's leftovers. :p

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

JRJ so as to not hijack your thread comlettly, i have never taken one but have considered it. Given the time and opertunity I would head the line up.<br /><br />Now on to the cornbread and side dishes....I use white white corn also but until this winter had never made it with my preheated cast iron skillet, I promise to never go back to a regular pan...I just love the crust it puts on the cornbread. As for the sides, do sour cream potato salad with horshradish count? Or how about egg salad with crumbled bacon and cheese added count, lets not forget the seafod salad.......Lest we forget, green bean cassarolle, that was a diffrent thread.

one more cast

Captain

now just dump a can of creamed corn into that cornbread recipe for a special treat.

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I've made cornbread in a cast iron skillet on the grill. :) That's good eatin'! My buddies wife, who happens to be from the sticks of Kentucky told me it was almost as good as her moms, so I must be doing something right.<br /><br />Side dishes are half the fun of cooking. I think it's kind of a challenge to find side dishes that go well with main dinner. <br /><br />Also, if I'm looking for an idea, I might look at a recipe but I don't ever follow it. I always change them around to add the flavors and spices I want to use.

JRJ

Commander

My wife just came by and asked "how hungry are you?" Well purty hungry after reading the above!<br />She's doing a prime rib tonight. What a gal ;) Think I'll go pour her a glass of wine :cool:

Realgun

Commander

Ha I got all the guys beat my wife will not cook so I have to do it all. I grill, bake, and suate. :) <br /> <br />And the kids love it.<br /><br />I love to make Lemon pie and Prime rib. Man is it time for dinner! :D <br /><br />What claas 1 book is all you need! Betty something I think wrote it. :eek:

one more cast

Captain

Also, if I'm looking for an idea, I might look at a recipe but I don't ever follow it. I always change them around to add the flavors and spices I want to use.
I know what ya mean jsfinn, kind of like putting together a new grill... look at the directions just to get some idea of where to start. :D

FSHKPR

Ensign

pretty much the same here real gun, wife does not care to cook. and i love it. so i usually do all the cooking, from the salad all the way to the desert. the best part of the arrangment is she does the clean up. but i am a pretty clean cook cleanning as i go.