FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
Should i keep the 1/4 brake line that was used with the surge activated drum brakes. or should i replace all the brake lines with 3/16 tubing? If i keep the 1/4 i'll have to use adapters at the pump and for the disk brake calipers
Re: converting from surge brakes to electric/hydrulic setup
Replace all the lines.
1. Why install brand new calipers and master with old lines.
2. I've never heard of 1/4" brake line tubing, and I know that the calipers are sized to 3/16".
3. I'd suspect that the fittings for your new master are sized 3/16".
I'd recommend a new brake system like that be "new" front to back. No sense in fiddling with reducers and old line corrosion.