FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Possible or dumb idea? It will be used as an auxilliary on a 25' sailboat and is in a very awkward position (way down low, w/ lots of s**t in the way) to pull start each time.
Re: Converting 9.9hp Yam from manual to electric start?
its very simple, very costly. as a blowboater your probably not going to spend the coins.
they do make a kit to convert it from horizontal pull to verticle pull though.
dont mean to bust on blowboats but I have too .
last kit I looked at was almost 600 dollars installed with battery.
its very simple, very costly. as a blowboater your probably not going to spend the coins.
they do make a kit to convert it from horizontal pull to verticle pull though.
dont mean to bust on blowboats but I have too . last kit I looked at was almost 600 dollars installed with battery.
Does Yamaha make a kit to convert from manual to electric? I'm looking at a 25 yamaha, manual start that I would want to do an electric start conversion, but I'm not quite sure what all I would need (flywheel, starter, alternator, etc.) Any thoughts?
Re: Converting 9.9hp Yam from manual to electric start?
for most the manual start 25s a kit is made, you will actually need 2 kits for most, the electric stat kit and the rectifier kit.
you can price it at a yamaha dealer, its in the rigging guide.