control cables

Cheazdad

Recruit
I have a 2004, 2002 Trophy Pro WA and was wondering does anyone know the length of the throttle and control cables so I can replace them ? I want to order them in and have them ready so I can do a swap out on the same day and so far, I can't see any writing on the existing cables that would tell me the cable size.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
I have a 2004, 2002 Trophy Pro WA and was wondering does anyone know the length of the throttle and control cables so I can replace them ? I want to order them in and have them ready so I can do a swap out on the same day and so far, I can't see any writing on the existing cables that would tell me the cable size.
Did you check the other end for details on the cables ?

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
the length and part number is hot stamped on the cable sheath every 12 inches

Cheazdad

Recruit
the length and part number is hot stamped on the cable sheath every 12 inches
I can't tell you how many times I've looked for it, so far ive looked at about 6 feet of cable and nothing anywhere which is odd, it's what everyones telling me and yet nothing. Just a grey cable sheath

Cheazdad

Recruit
Did you check the other end for details on the cables ?
I tried but I have to remove the throttle off the side of the boat, and it wont come out without removing the cover and disconnecting the cables from the far end. But, it looks like thats just what Im going to have to do

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I tried but I have to remove the throttle off the side of the boat, and it wont come out without removing the cover and disconnecting the cables from the far end. But, it looks like thats just what Im going to have to do
tie a rope onto the cable before you pull it out. it will help to pull the new cable thru

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Yeah. Think you’d have to do as much in any case really. But if you need the details from the cable, you should be able to see them running towards the engine area if you stick your head in there.