Considering Purchase of Maxum 3700 SY

gettings

Recruit
Does anyone have any pros and cons about purchasing and running a 3700 SY? Specifically, I am looking for any input on these vessels equipped with twin gas engines versus twin diesels. Does anyone have any experience or thoughts on the comparison? Thanks very much for any insights! I don't want to make a big mistake!
Rich

hostage

Lieutenant
Re: Considering Purchase of Maxum 3700 SY

Diesel is not as flammable as gasoline, usually diesel engines are used for larger boats when you need more power than speed. Though that is coming from a Maxum 1900 SC owner. I love Maxum boats, even though the parent company killed them off. Take a look at the boat if it is well kept and good condition then it will be a better buy. I would ask someone in the engine forums about gas vs diesel, you will get a better response. Hopefully someone with some experience with larger boats can answer your question better.

-Hostage

gettings

Recruit
Re: Considering Purchase of Maxum 3700 SY

If you were looking at a 2009 Maxum SY which is basically a demo boat and 3 models years out now (has twin diesel engines), what do you think would be a fair going price for a boat like this? I would really appreciate your input. We like the boat but I sure don't want to pay any more for it than I need to! Thanks!