Congressman working for me

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander
Hey all
I'll be heading back to the east coast next week with my parents to Washington DC and Williamsburg and wanted to let you in on something that worked out rather well for my parents and me. My congressman/woman, Rep. Nunez and Senator Feinstein respectively, worked out all our tour resevations for Mt. Vernon, White House, Supreme Court and Bureau of Engraving. It has been the coolest thing and has made planning our trip so much easier. So, if anyone is planning on a trip to Washington DC, contact your congressman. They'll set up the tours you want.
I am so excited about this trip. I'll be standing in the footsteps of my country's history. How awesome is that?!
Bassy

Link

Rear Admiral
Re: Congressman working for me

It is AWESOME Bassy
Wife and her mother went to see a sister stationed in DC a few years ago. Took all those tours, plus at a dinner party they were introduced to someone working in the white house and made arrangements for a private tour with him.
They like you were pumped about it.
Take pics and enjoy!

At last, Diane Feinstien has done something productive. :nokidding:
Edit: Can;'t believe someone did not jump all over that. Republicans and Democrats working together to serve the constituents, who will be re-elected?

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

Mt Vernon is awesome! Plan on spending half a day there if you really want to see the whole place.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Mt Vernon is on the edge of Fort Belvoir. About 30 years ago I was in charge of removing a tree on the property that was threatening the residence. What a news media frenzy! Ton's of people to watch a tree go away and pieces were given out. A real super place to visit!

You could spend weeks visiting the DC area and still never cover it all properly. Have fun.... take thousands of photos.

Oh yeah.... be kind to the cops at the metal detectors!!!

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

Bob_VT said:
...Oh yeah.... be kind to the cops at the metal detectors!!!

Why bother? They are jerks no matter what you do. The whole police state mentality in the district gets old real quick.

RubberFrog said:
Bob_VT said:
...Oh yeah.... be kind to the cops at the metal detectors!!!

Why bother? They are jerks no matter what you do. The whole police state mentality in the district gets old real quick.
That "mentality": isn't unique to DC. Go into any county court house in CA and you will be treated the same.

PW2

Commander

Well, were they able to get you invited to the poker game at the Watergate hotel???

Heve fun, and I hope DC dries out a bit before you get there!

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Oh yeah! You know my excitement then. I've been kidding my mom about getting rollerblades to get around to everything. I know I won't see all I want to, but what I do see will be memorable. I'll just have to plan another trip.
It looks like an umbrella and rain hat are in order. I do hope it dries out a bit for ya. I'll bring some sunshine in a can for ya.
I have the heat and humidity already here, so I'm set there.(acclumated(sp)) Been 113 with 75% humidity. Is 85% really that much worse? So, I'm ready!
Thanks for all the good wishes.
Bassy

Serentiy

Petty Officer 1st Class

That sounds like a great family trip to take. P.S. see how many facts you notice from the movie Nationl treasure that are true for me will you. Have a good trip and make many new memories to save for a life time.
take lots of pics.
Serenity

QC

Supreme Mariner

Don't forget the Air and Space Museum. Seems like a no-brainer for an Astronomy nut 8)

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

QC said:
Don't forget the Air and Space Museum. Seems like a no-brainer for an Astronomy nut 8)

Absolutely! Its on the list of things to see! My kind of place!

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

serentiy said:
That sounds like a great family trip to take. P.S. see how many facts you notice from the movie Nationl treasure that are true for me will you. Have a good trip and make many new memories to save for a life time.
take lots of pics.
Serenity
National Treasure! Love that movie! I'll check it out and let you know. Doesn't that movie make you want to quit your day job and just spend the rest of your life looking for treasure maps and treasure. When I taught Gold Rush to my 4th graders this last year I set up a panning area so they could pan for gold(gold painted rocks, but don't tell them). What a blast! We all had Gold Fever for a month! So, yeah! Love that kind of stuff!

heycods

Captain

serentiy said:
take lots of pics.
Serenity

Somebody do sumtin serinity has ben demoted.:'(