confusing force 85hp

The Marine Doctor

Commander
Re: confusing force 85hp

Oh sorry...been busy.<br /><br />Multi fire is more or less the CD module firing when it wants to rather that being controled by the trigger.<br /><br />With a white marker...mark the flywheel @ the 3 spots that each piston comes to TDC.<br /><br />Then run the engine. With a timing light on #1 check to see that #1 is only firing at TDC.<br /><br />Do this with all 3 cyl's.<br /><br />If any of the #'s show up @ TDC and somewhere else...that is Multifire. <---Mind you, just the #'s you are testing at the time.<br /><br />TMD

Bco128

Petty Officer 1st Class

will certianly try this out but sems you must have motor running. correct? which posses a problem since not running is what i now have.

Bco128

Petty Officer 1st Class

cool will try it when i get the chance. righ now the motor is on a stand.and havnt connected it to run yet .pulled off boat in order to do other repairs.likely repair both seperatly then remount.

Forceluver

Seaman Apprentice

I myself had the same problem, boat ran last year no problems, I lost a needle bearing so I broke it down and rebuilt the beast. Sure enough no luck with the motor when I was done. I eventually narrowed it down to a broken trigger wire at the connection. I would vibrate on and off. Do yourself a favor, snip all trigger ends and connect the wires that way. What a world of difference.

Bco128

Petty Officer 1st Class

will defenantly consider it.was looking it over this evening.and noticed a loose hot wire on the rectifier.sort of makes me go hmmmmm....duhhh.dont know if it will solve all my problems but will find out when i set the motor back on the boat.or until i get around to hooking it up on the stand so i can run it.