Colours wiring evinrude ocean pro 159

Andrik

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I use the keyswitch from my old 94`175 Ocean Pro. It has screws on the back to connect the wires. Iguess I must connect the two yell/red from the control to the yell/red fom wsitch to motor?

But my problem is that I have no voltage that reaches trough the harness to the switch. It is difficult to start the motor with a jumber switch (without priming) in a my garage (in Norway..) with 55 F?.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Voltage would normally be on the red/purple wire, from the motor to the ign key. If you look near the starter solenoid, you should see a fuse between the red wire and the red/purple wire. When the red/purple wire connects to the ign switch, turning the key to on, connects power to the purple wire.

Andrik

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I have checked the fuse, it is ok. I will do some more testing tomorrow with the multimeter to try to see where the voltage is broken.

Andrik

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Seems that the provisional pins I have used to stick into the Deutsch connector make an unstable connection. I now have Voltage trough the harness, but unstable though. Have to get a Deutsch connector, and hope that the key switch will work then.

Andrik

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Got the deutsch connector and mounted it to the harness and made new wiring to the key switch. The motor fired.The problem was bad connection with the provisional pins I had made for the deutsch connector.

By the way; does anyone know what the pulse setting is 5 or 6 on the faria check for this motor - 98 150 ocean pro? The tachometer did not work.

bob johnson

Rear Admiral
I don't know if the make matter...but the omc tach were set on 6 I am pretty sure....

electrical gremlins are a bear to troubleshoot....

good boating

bob

Andrik

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thanks a lot for your kind help. Now I will start sanding down my 20 ft Sunbird and paint it.