College Football.....

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I agree, never should have brought on Rutgers and Maryland into the B1G.....$$$$$$
Totally diluted their strength. Shouldn't have added Nebraska either. They should have stayed in the Big 12.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
That game could be called a fluke too....... I think it was more OSU didn't take Iowa seriously more than IA beat OSU...... IA is no way a better team than OSU...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Totally diluted their strength. Shouldn't have added Nebraska either. They should have stayed in the Big 12.

Nebraska used to be a power house. They loved to run up the score, 70-10 etc...... At least Neb makes sense geographically..... But ya, I wasn't happy when they started breaking up conferences....

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
SEC needs to play 9 conference games like everybody else does and quit scheduling cupcakes in the next to last week. Playing field needs to be leveled..

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
That game could be called a fluke too....... I think it was more OSU didn't take Iowa seriously more than IA beat OSU...... IA is no way a better team than OSU...
Iowa beat them by 31 points!!!!!! At what point during that beat down do you start taking things seriously?

WIMUSKY

Staff member
If you go into a game with a bad attitude, you can't flip a switch to change it and all of a sudden start playing extremely well.... IA came to play, OSU not so much....

Well it's official, 'Bama in, OSU out...... Sad, 2 SEC teams in the tourney....

Go 'Bama!

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
If you go into a game with a bad attitude, you can't flip a switch to change it and all of a sudden start playing extremely well.
Sign of a bad team if you do that and don't deserve to be in CFP!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I can't wait for the Cheribundi Tart Cherry Boca Raton Bowl with Akron vs FAU.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Don't forget this one: Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl
Temple vs. Florida International

It was a toss up, but in the end I didn't want to start an ethanol war with Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl. :eek:

sam60

Captain
It was a toss up, but in the end I didn't want to start an ethanol war with Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl. :eek:

I wonder if they are required to use Bad Boy Mowers when trimming the astro turf?

RGrew176

Commander

Iowa was the better team that day. I watched that game. Iowa flat out outplayed OSU.

bassman284

Commander
Iowa beat them by 31 points!!!!!! At what point during that beat down do you start taking things seriously?
In fairness, Iowa played like they had never played before in that game. Everything was working and working well. I called my brother at half time and said, "Who are those guys?" He said, "Nobody I've ever seen before." Going in, Iowa fans were mostly hoping not to get blown out too bad.

They reverted to form against Wisky and Purdue and then got fired up again for Nebraska. Head-scratcher.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Way to go mom ... What a way to ruin your sons signing day ...