Coffee

orion25

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Coffee

If you really like fresh coffee,you should try to find a coffee sales place where they roast their coffee on the spot,usually in 5 pound batches.

I would love to but that's not an option in North Alabama. Maybe if I drive to Nashville or Atlanta but that ain't happening either.........

ED21

Master Chief Petty Officer

My favorite is Peets Coffee, French Roast. I get it from Safeway. Dark brown almost black oily beans. I'm always trying different beans, but have been coming back to Peets. $11 a bag, but it goes on sale for $7 or $8 occasionally.

SgtMaj

Lieutenant Commander

Folgers regular blend. I know, it's not classy. But I like it anyway.

amendegw

Seaman Apprentice

I roast my own coffee using one of these:

freshroast.jpg

Used to swear by Kona, but my current favorite is Sumatran Mandheling followed closely by Ethiopian Longberry Harrar.

Here's a couple links in case anyone is interested:
http://thecaptainscoffee.com/
http://www.sweetmarias.com/

...Jerry

wuttja

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My favorite is true Colombian coffee from Colombia. At the hotel, they brew up a batch of extra strong coffee and then have a pitcher of hot milk next to it. It's very good. I am leaving Sunday for Colombia and will be enjoying a cup Monday morning! When I'm not able to drink the real stuff, then I like the Tanzanian Peaberry, Kona (even the blend is ok), and once in a great while the Jamaican Blue Mountain. Starbucks is just overly bitter to me.

mthieme

Captain

Some of you guys take your coffee waaaaaaaay too seriously.
:)

SnappingTurtle

Lieutenant

As long as we are talking coffee, Starbucks Q4 profits are down little.

Down 97% over last year. :eek:

Excellent management, no customers, wonder where they all went? :rolleyes:

SnappingTurtle

Lieutenant

Home. A pound of beans is $10. Or you could get 2 double, mocha, caramel, low fat whipped cream lattes for $10.

I never went there because as I already pointed out, I can get excellent beans, enough for a week or two, for the price of two cups of coffee there.

But someone has been going there, and there not anymore, to a tune of 97% fewer customers. I mean even if they were horrible (their coffee is not that bad), this would be hard to believe.