Cinch-tight and Vented boat cover...does it exist?

gsxr150

Seaman
Guys/Gals,

I'm looking for a boat cover that will go on very quick...somthing to cover my boat during long periods while it sits in the boat lift (under canopy). Is there any place to find a boat cover that "cinches" tight? How about a vented version? I'm not ever sure where to start looking for the cinch-tight type... I see most have elastic but it doesn't specifically say you can cinch it tight.

Thoughts?

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Cinch-tight and Vented boat cover...does it exist?

Guys/Gals,

I'm looking for a boat cover that will go on very quick...somthing to cover my boat during long periods while it sits in the boat lift (under canopy). Is there any place to find a boat cover that "cinches" tight? How about a vented version? I'm not ever sure where to start looking for the cinch-tight type... I see most have elastic but it doesn't specifically say you can cinch it tight.

Thoughts?

Ayuh,... 'bout any Canvas Shop can stitch ya up a cover with a rope hem, 'n vents...

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Stearns Orion cover has a cinch strap in the he, cam lock on the strap, is trailerable, has a couple small vents.

Goes on easily with one person, not like the elastic covers that need 2 people.

I have one for each of my boats.
I only use the side tiedowns when trailering.

They are true to size. The 16' model will NOT fit a 16'2" boat.

I think they may be discontinued, so don't wait too long, or you will go without.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2250815

oldjeep

Admiral

My westland boat cover cinches tight and has vents in it- bought it right here on iBoats

oops!

Supreme Mariner

lol....i just replied to a simelar question.

i think the boat cover is made by the company that manufactures for centurion boats.

the thing is slick.....
it has a "belt" stitched in the fabric......this belt is the same used in back pack...so the parts are avalable any where.

the cover goes over the boat.....then the belt is chinched in 4 places.....perfect fit...cant come off......and goes on like a breeze.

as far as the vents.....thats easy