chrysler outboard

mnessman

Seaman
just wondering what everyones thought is about the chrysler outboards, are they good engines. I am considering getting a 105 hp 1967 model. just want to know if its worth the 300.00 that hes asking for it. I have only seen pictures so I dont know what the exact condition of the motor is in.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: chrysler outboard

where are you going to get parts. they were decent motors, no longer supported.

TN-25

Chief Petty Officer

Chrysler Corp. bought West Bend in 1965, the last year for that brand. For 1966 they were now Chryslers. Chrysler continued to develop and refine their offerings over the next 15 years. They were a competitive make. They offered a racing 150 back at the time when Merc and OMC offered 125s.

As was mentioned by the mod, they are an unsupported orphan brand now. I think Force bought them in the 1980s but threw in the towel.

Last edited:

Bigprairie1

Commander

what you might want to do is post in the Chrysler/Force repair forum and ask for 'Franks' (acampora) advice on this motor.
He knows these things like he built them...and will give you a world of knowledge on their history and possible parts/repair solutions.
As T-daddy said (and according to Frank as well I recall) the 105hp:cool: was a reasonable motor although probably a little primitive by todays standards.
Good Luck, keep us posted.
BP:)