Chrysler 70 HP - please give info

ebbtide176

Commander
Thread starter
Joined
Jan 22, 2002
Messages
2,289
1970model. any good tips and maintenance info would be greatly appreciated.
 

DP

Petty Officer 1st Class
Joined
Sep 18, 2001
Messages
209
Re: Chrysler 70 HP - please give info

Try www.pugetmarina.com<br />He has been a Chrysler dealer forever and has tons of old parts, and lots of knowledge.
 

ebbtide176

Commander
Thread starter
Joined
Jan 22, 2002
Messages
2,289
Re: Chrysler 70 HP - please give info

I appreciate the info!,although I didn't find anything there. But, I was not thinking clearly when I posted, as I didn't take the time to do some research in my manual...(been sick with a sinus infection) anyhow, i've found the id tag (very small, in front/below carbs)<br />model: 707HA<br />serial: 2076<br />i also think i've found another good site for some info:<br /> http://www.maxrules.com/fix.html <br />thanx for your reply tho :)
 

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander
Joined
Sep 25, 2001
Messages
1,862
Re: Chrysler 70 HP - please give info

If memory serves right I think you have a '79 year model...maintain same a other outboards...lower unit lube, waterpump impeller, spark plugs...be sure you feed it properly. I wouldn't think your distributor would have points, but if so be sure they are kept clean and set properly. It's a good motor...I have one that has been run hard all it's life and feel I can still get another 20 years work out of it...good luck...just a Thought
 

alcan

Commander
Joined
Dec 14, 2001
Messages
2,505
Re: Chrysler 70 HP - please give info

Hello ebbtide<br /> With respect to thought 101, my list shows your motor to be a 1970 model.
 

ebbtide176

Commander
Thread starter
Joined
Jan 22, 2002
Messages
2,289
Re: Chrysler 70 HP - please give info

hmmm. well, its good to know now. i see the manual lists the 70hp from 1969-73,79&80. <br />thanx for the info :D
 

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander
Joined
Sep 25, 2001
Messages
1,862
Re: Chrysler 70 HP - please give info

Thanks Alcan, I Thought if I guessed someone would come in with the right answer...the points are set a .014, with L20V plugs. Keep an extra set of spark plugs on hand and swap a couple times a year, this will help catch a lean carb before it harms anything. Don't forget to decarb every year...just some Thoughts
 
Top