Chris Craft

CC Ranger

Cadet
Hi to every one,
I was given to me a 1960 CC Connie 45', and its the 18th out 0f 50 that was made for that yr for this model The first 3 letters of the hull number are CCA. i dont know what this means. I'm looking for any one that knows or has one.
I did order paper work from the Chris Craft Mariner Museum, which stated this information.
Thanks for looking

greenbush future

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Chris Craft

Pictures will help you get everything you will need to help you learn about her here. Sounds like a nice old woodie? but w/o pictures we can only dream..

jc55

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Oooh I am drooling! Someday I hope to graduate to a huge classic Chris Craft! Pics please!

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander

That is a SWEET boat!!!!! Wonder what it cost brand new. Now we must see photos of your boat. As they say, no pics means it never happened. :D

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Depending on what shape she is in - that could be the best or worst gift someone has ever given you.

Old Chris Craft Woodies are part of VERY SMALL class of boats that hold some value - when restored. However, the cost of a restoration is directly proportional to the size of the boat -- and you have a big old girl. Hopefully, it's not a money pit and you can get on the water (safe and sea worthy) and we can all drool over your boat...

CC Ranger

Cadet

Hi Lt Cmdr.
I'm looking to redo her just like the day she was built, except more updated in safety equipment and galley equipment.
There was 3 owners to her and each one did more work than the other one did. I have to replace and redo the transom. about 4 planks.
There are 6 side planks needing replacement along with the bow deck. She comes with all parts and equipment in crates. I'll get better pics for all to see.

CC Ranger

Cadet

Hi PO1, i'm planning to live on her till i die so the amount won't mean any thing too me. since i paid 0 for her. I'll get better pics soon and she is in good shape. replace a few planks, redo living quarters,up date equipment, scrape, paint put it all back together and refloat her.
Sounds easy, but i know its a lot of work and its my 1st major project. :happy:

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander

You have a great place to work on her. That is a huge boat? ship? The hull looks to be in really good shape.

CC Ranger

Cadet

Hi PO1
Yes she is and really great place. Working on her slowly and one part at a time. She is all Phillipean Mahogany inside and out except for the railing's. My friend and i found a place to buy a 20' container full, so when were ready to buy then will complete inside and out.
Right now, were taking out the floors and cleaning the bilges, replacing all thru hulls and piping when needed. We decided on 4k gph bilge pumps, 2 in bow, 1 in galley, 3 eng rm, 2 in mstr state rm, 4 in aft. later we will pick up a P-150 for FF equipment and dewatering if needed. I did up loaded pic's but need to follow (edit: Bad link, only goes to the profile of the poster that clicks it, not to yer pictures,...)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander

A 20' container of mahogany. That is some big bucks! Hope it contains the dimensions that you need.
You will have 12- 4,000 gph bilge pumps. That's 48,000 gallons per hour! That should keep her from sinking. Try posting your pics again.
Dave

greenbush future

Lieutenant Commander

Yep the best is when we can see what you started with and then the finished result of all your efforts. I really do love the lines on the boat you have.

old islander

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'd park that in a quiet bay off St.Thomas and just live in it.

Searayb

Seaman Apprentice

Beautiful boat, following to watch the progress.

eggs712

Petty Officer 1st Class

Tagging along, looks like an awesome boat.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

Sounds easy, but i know its a lot of work and its my 1st major project. :happy:

Welcome aboard the iboats dry dock!

We here all know it isn't easy rebuilding just the dingy for that big of a boat let alone the massive undertaking you've got ahead of you. Looking forward to some pics! You could end up with a huge following here documenting the ole CC's journey.

CC Ranger

Cadet

A 20' container of mahogany. That is some big bucks! Hope it contains the dimensions that you need.
You will have 12- 4,000 gph bilge pumps. That's 48,000 gallons per hour! That should keep her from sinking. Try posting your pics again.
Dave

Hi, Yes it is alot but being x navy, i don't need to loose this one. I lost a pacemaker 37 to flooding, not enough pumps. This time i'll have an over kill. I found a site over sea's for 7k for the 20' cut to the size i need. I won't need to look into it till summer next yr when i need it. should be enough to do the entire boat outside and inside.