Chase Race 1

JEBar

Chief Petty Officer
they are calling for a sunny sky and 78 degrees so it looks like it will be a good day for a race at Chicagoland .... 88 starts at the back due to a motor change, should be interesting .... since Danica didn't make the chase, I'm going to have to figure out who to pull for ..:facepalm:.. actually, I wonder if she ever will ..:confused:

Jim

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Re: Chase Race 1

Deciding whether to watch or tape the race. Sounds like this could be our last warm day in awhile.

I guess Danica is going full time Cup racing next year. I think it's a mistake. IMO, she needs another year full time with Nationwide. I want to see her succeed, just don't think she's ready for full time Cup from what I've seen. Maybe it has to do a lot with marketing Cup.

Anyway, looking for a good Chase. Still gonna pull for Tony again.....

JEBar

Chief Petty Officer

lap 81 ... all 4 Hendrick cars in the top 10 ..

aspeck

Staff member

Smoke hanging around ... back up to top 10, currently sitting in 6th. Go Smoke!

JEBar

Chief Petty Officer

73 laps to go ... 24 in the wall, 17 having a bunch of trouble .... 48 strong all day

Jim

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Just finished watching it. I must say, I was glad the wife and I went for a ride in the goat and enjoyed the afternoon.

Ol' Brad blew the doors off Johnson at the end..... Gordon's throttle only came back about halfway when he entered the corner. Not a good outcome whenever that happens. Matt lost a shock. Denny ran out of gas and finished 16th. So much for all those bonus points entering the Chase. He dropped to 4th. Smoke finished 3rd. And is still 3rd in points, only 8 back. Atta boy Smoke! Kahne jumped up 6 spots in points. Burton had a bad day. Finished 24th, 2 laps down. Just ahead of Danica.......

Now it's off to Loudan..........