Charging issue 90 HP 3 Cylinder 1987 Merc

Dan.NY

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 16, 2010
Messages
4
My battery is going dead on my merc. 1987, 90 HP 3 Cylinder. I put the voltmeter on the battery and its just about 12.6 with the engine running and even up at speed. This tells me the charging system is not working. I am assuming its the voltage regulator/rectifier. But am not sure. Does anyone have the steps on how to test this. I am pretty handy but have not done this before. I am not sure where the regulator is. I assume its behind the black plastic cover on the one side of the motor?

If anyone has diagnosis steps, and a good description of where the part is I would appreciate it. Ill be ripping into it tonight..

Thanks.
Dan in NY
 

usskydvr

Chief Petty Officer
Joined
May 27, 2009
Messages
494
Re: Charging issue 90 HP 3 Cylinder 1987 Merc

I sent you a Private Msg.
 
Top