Champion Spark Plugs

Trent

Captain
Re: Champion Spark Plugs

I hate it when I Learn somthing NEW! Thanks Schematic and Mr. Gervis (John). :) :)

seahorse5

Rear Admiral

Find a back issue of Bass and Walleye Boats magazine for a complete explanation of suppressor verses resistor plugs, and how they work. It is the April 2000 issue and the story is titled "Firing Line".

rwise

Captain

Helo all!<br />I have ran NGK in the dirt bikes I rode, great plug for that! I run champion in every thing else, no problems ever! Bosh, I tried bosh in my '49 ply, would not start! Picked up the champion plug from the ground, put them back in. Popped off first time! I have never tried Bosh again! In anaything!<br /><br />Just my $.02<br /><br />Richard

petryshyn

Commander

Hey seahorse5, are those older issues of Bass and Walleye Boats available online anywhere? I'd love to read some of their articles.

Capn Mike

Chief Petty Officer

I'm back! Finally got around to installing the NKG plugs (used their cross reference to the Champions that came as OEM; they are resistor plugs, with a big R below the brand name). Ran the boat for a time yesterday, will go fishing this weekend and give them more time.<br />From what I could tell, I didn't get any more or less performance than if I installed new Champions. We'll see what time tells. In the meantime, the engine and all the radios work.....

novacane

Seaman

blowing out the porcein is usely caused by detention (ping) two flame fronts coliding<br />seen this often when fuel octanes whent down, to hot of plug to hi compression or a tad to much ign lead humm just a tought<br />before cooper was interduced in the champion <br />center eletrode thay where real unstable in the heat range deptment just a thought from back yard harry :D