Cayuga Seneca canal

jmb183

Recruit
Looking for feedback on Cayuga Seneca canal , launching from Seneca lake and plan on day trips to Cayuga lake and Erie Canal system , any recommendations would be appreciated

matt167

Captain
I've looked into depth into it. Any of the big boat launches are good. Sampson or the one in Geneva. There is a lock right onto the canal at the north end of Seneca and the canal is part of the river. Just keep your times within the lock hours. There is also Cross lake up river

briangcc

Commander
I've launched at Seneca a few times - state launch is nice. Forget the name off the top of my head of the park we've used. Head out of the launch, hang a left to go under the railroad bridge and you're in the canal. Fairly deep and lots of marinas at that section should you need something.

Didn't get too far into that particular trip - have kiddos with micro bladders. Nuff said :)

hugh g

Petty Officer 1st Class
The canal lock hours are now 0700- 1700, with a few exceptions that are open later. Plan accordingly or you could be left stranded at a lock overnight. You can check the Canal Corp website for a complete list of operating times. Gone are the days when the locks operated till 10 pm.