FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Catalina can be awesome. There are good campsites run by the island Conservancy and good fishing. What size boats? Where are you from? Mutliple launch ramp choices etc.
I have a 27 foot Bayliner. I plan on launching from Pacific Beach, CA. I guess its only like 30 miles or so. I was wondering what services they offer to guest boaters (boat taxi/mooring/ect.) And I would plan to go probably for the 4th of july.
They have boat taxis and moorings in Avalon, but that is a real busy weekend. Moorings are first come first serve. Check out these websites, they have a lot of info. There is also two harbors if Avalon is full.<br /><br /> http://www.catalina.com/yachting.html <br /><br /> http://www.sailorschoice.com/catisland/catmooring.htm <br /><br />Your boat should have no problem at all, but that channel can get nasty in the P.M. Good luck.