Carver Mariner 350 - any input?

brad614

Petty Officer 2nd Class
So after looking for an upgrade to my old boat I decided I wanted a sedan bridge style. I came across a pretty good deal on a 1999 Carver Mariner 350. Any input on this model? Anything specific I should look for? It has the optional 7.2 engines which is a 150 hp improvement from the base 5.7's. Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Slip Away

Lieutenant
Re: Carver Mariner 350 - any input?

So based on your sig pic, you must have already bought it. Other than the Mariner being very odd looking on the outside, it has the most interior room of any flybridge boat it's size. The 7.4L engines are what you want in that boat. 5.7's are just adequate. Enjoy.

brad614

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I will be buying it pending the survey and sea trial. I am now not sure about the engines - waiting on the broker to get back with me. The ad said 7.2's but since there is no such thing they must be 7.4's. And I like the odd look - it's kinda like me! :D

brad614

Petty Officer 2nd Class

OK i just heard back from the dealer- it has 7.4's.

JoLin

Vice Admiral

Guy I know has a 35' Mariner- a 90's something. Last year a bunch of us got the grand tour and the boat has an impressive amount of interior room and great finish. One of the wives commented that the interior had obviously been designed by a woman. I mean that in a good way :)

Yep, they're a little odd looking and not designed for the open ocean, but a beautifully appointed boat. Good luck!

KnotConnected

Petty Officer 1st Class

Carvers, especially of that time period, are great boats. It's plenty large and roomy, well laid-out, and hand-built using premium materials and quality craftsmanship. You won't be disappointed.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member

Carvers are great boats. I personally know many people that worked there.

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

Yes, they are 7.4L (either Mercruisers or Crusaders). Good fit & finish. Good use of interior space. Great smooth water boats, other than the fact they look like a Clorox bottle, I like them. I've been a fan of Carver since I purchased mine.